• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flash collectors thread
23 23

4,838 posts in this topic

Right now, there is a couple spine ticks down the spine, there is indeed some stacking dirt on the back cover. Right now as it sits it is a very nice clean copy. If I clean and press it , it might look even sharper, I might grade it I might not. It looks very nice sitting in a Mylar right now though

Right now, there is a couple spine ticks down the spine, there is indeed some stacking dirt on the back cover. Right now as it sits it is a very nice clean copy. If I clean and press it , it might look even sharper, I might grade it I might not. It looks very nice sitting in a Mylar right now though

.... I've had books pressed and just kept them in a Mylar...... despite the rumbling, it isn't always about profiteering. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

..... my only Sid's Luncheonette book is unpressed still...... I knew that was Harry's wish (thumbs u

Grabbed this at the last comic show here in Philly, going to send it out for a cleaning and pressing. Flash Comics are getting expensive

falsh119_zpsni3n6oun.jpg

That is a lovely copy of an early Flash. (thumbs u

It's amazing to me how the hobby/boards have changed (ultimately accepted the inevitable).

We used to argue over the horrors of pressing and there were two distinct camps.

Those who were totally repulsed and those who felt that it was better for them to be the recipient of a higher grade/price on their own books.

I must have sold 200-300 of my original books untouched back in 2004-2006. And in many instances someone else bought, upgraded and profited from their "restoration". Fortunately I did quite well anyway as there weren't too many original collections unearthed at that juncture.

Now it seems all but a given that most slabbed books will have already been "restored".

You'll note the quotation marks as I'm not fully up to speed as to what is considered restored these days.

Times change - live and learn...

It seems many new to the hobby are just fine with pressing a book before grading, even if it doesn't need it. doh!

It's great for the pressing service people but for the hobby it's a joke.

Not every book needs a press and the idea of doing a cleaning on that book seems unwarranted

To each his own.

I agree. Too many books are being pressed that simply don't need it. Sometimes it's about the books themselves.

Scan0066_zpscaopqzld.jpg

The Superman and Batman Annuals on the newstand never tempted me as a kid. But the Flash Giants certainly did. I mean an issue with the mysterious Dr. Alchemy, Super-Gorilla Grodd and Pied Piper? Wow!

:cool:

Edited by Hepcat

Newly acquired and very HTF high grade Flash #106! :grin:

Enjoy peeps! I sure will! (thumbs u:banana::headbang:

p><p> Wow.  That

Thanks my friend! You're so right, these rarely show up in high grade period! hm

I'm glad I was able to acquire it to add to my Flash run. (thumbs u

Flash2010620CGC208.520FC_zpsua3jstet.jpg

A brutally tough issue to find in that condition! It may be the toughest Flash of them all to find.

(thumbs u

A brutally tough issue to find in that condition! It may be the toughest Flash of them all to find.

(thumbs u

If were talking just Barry Allen, then I agree 100%. :thumbsup:

(thumbs u

Thanks! (thumbs u The SA Flash keys are definitely in short supply. I'm blessed to have found this baby in high grade! :headbang:;)