• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Miss Dave (Stevens, that is)
8 8

4,894 posts in this topic

Up the creek photo up the creek_zpsajz3qaxq.jpg

Just came today. From the movie Up The Creek. This was artwork from Dave. Ray Cuthbert has the original painting on Comic Art Fans. It wasn't used in the US. Hence, the German. (:

Ha, that's great, and something I've never seen before!

looks like planet 1 to me; but I'm not sure I buy that theory because there is a GA issue of planet that has the planet 1 vehicle and to me that's Dave's inspiration for the vehicle he went with. I suppose its possible he used elements of both the GA planet and the toy.

You may be thinking of 3d zone 16 but that's basically the same vehicle as the planet 1 (similar anyways)

342486-21059-126161-1-planet-comics.jpg

I recently discovered this Adam Hughes tribute to the classic Planet Comics 1/58 cover. At least I think it's a tribute....

yVudzP0.jpg

looks like planet 1 to me; but I'm not sure I buy that theory because there is a GA issue of planet that has the planet 1 vehicle and to me that's Dave's inspiration for the vehicle he went with. I suppose its possible he used elements of both the GA planet and the toy.

You may be thinking of 3d zone 16 but that's basically the same vehicle as the planet 1 (similar anyways)

342486-21059-126161-1-planet-comics.jpg

I recently discovered this Adam Hughes tribute to the classic Planet Comics 1/58 cover. At least I think it's a tribute....

yVudzP0.jpg

The prices for this book have skyrocketed!!

Can't recall if I posted these before or not, and am too lazy to scroll back. Back when I purchased my signed copy of "Brush With Passion" from Dave's estate, they were kind enough to throw these in. I was super psyched about the greeting card as I'd been looking for one for years.

29x6nhw.jpg

2r59on9.jpg

ftfk4.jpg

Can't recall if I posted these before or not, and am too lazy to scroll back. Back when I purchased my signed copy of "Brush With Passion" from Dave's estate, they were kind enough to throw these in. I was super psyched about the greeting card as I'd been looking for one for years.

29x6nhw.jpg

2r59on9.jpg

ftfk4.jpg

Good stuff. Don't see these too often. :whee: