• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

group shot thread
13 13

1,838 posts in this topic

Somebody brought up the multi-colored logos on the early Marvel Annuals over in the Strange Tales thread. Sounded like a good time for a group shot. I'll let BronzeAgeFan post pics of the Millie the Model Annual ;)

2jeu68k.jpg

lol. Battle Front 37 also had a Multi color logo. :hi:

Great picture!!!

Those logos always make me think some kid doodled on them.

Somebody brought up the multi-colored logos on the early Marvel Annuals over in the Strange Tales thread. Sounded like a good time for a group shot. I'll let BronzeAgeFan post pics of the Millie the Model Annual ;)

2jeu68k.jpg

Great picture!!!

Ha! The great grand daddy of the multi colored logos! Is it safe to assume that's part of your vast archive? If so, let's see it!

2jeu68k.jpg

Great picture!!!

Ha! The great grand daddy of the multi colored logos! Is it safe to assume that's part of your vast archive? If so, let's see it!

Yeah I have one. :acclaim:lol

A451C0B1-724A-4D02-BBAD-9BEB68A2B6F1_zpsvntknb8x.jpg

Also Millie the Model annual 2 3 and 5

And Patsy and Hedy Annual 1

And Patsy Walker Fasion Parade 1

I have those. But I have no idea what box they may be in. To find five comics which may be in different boxes would destroy my back right now. :tonofbricks:

wow! Not only do you have it, but a damn nice one as well! thanks for showin' it off.

And I didn't realize so many of the "romance" annuals had the multi color logos. I never wanted 'em before because as you know, girls have cooties. Now that I'm older though... hm

wow! Not only do you have it, but a damn nice one as well! thanks for showin' it off.

And I didn't realize so many of the "romance" annuals had the multi color logos. I never wanted 'em before because as you know, girls have cooties. Now that I'm older though... hm

Tracking down runs of the "Girls titles" is a lot of fun. A real challenge at times!

Tracking down runs of the "Girls titles" is a lot of fun. A real challenge at times!

I first read titles as a different word. lol

Haha! I say Bronze age fan's statement is appropriate either way! :/

So did I,so did I...

Thanks bro! I just remembered Marines in Action #4 also had a multi color logo. I do not have a copy of that one.

:blush:

Thanks bro! I just remembered Marines in Action #4 also had a multi color logo. I do not have a copy of that one.

Very interesting. Thanks for sharing the knowledge. I really had no idea that Marvel/Atlas had used the multi-colored logos as early as the mid '50s (MiA#4 came out in '55, if I'm not mistaken). Definitely had no idea that this treatment was used on non-Annuals either.

26801763085_3b40c14f32_b.jpg

Iron Fist is part of my original collection. Iron Man and Subby 1 was a more recent purchase. Avengers were accumulated over the years. My original copies went to Bell or Rogofsky.

Edited by BB-Gun

26776431643_5a669ec5aa_b.jpg

I like Spiderman but it was more for the stories than the art. However, I really like the art Steve did for all of those horror and mystery stories back in the fifties.

Edited by BB-Gun