• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Bittersweet Completion of a Silly Late Silver/Early Bronze DC Run

36 posts in this topic

I love runs like this. Having to do the groundwork and put together a graded set of a book (any book) when there aren't many copies is one of the BEST challenges for a collector. You learn so much.

Awesome books, Wes! I didn't even know this title existed.

It's a shame about the #4. And it's a shame about the dealer's response. So dumb and short-sighted. Please PM me the his name and I'll file it away in a special place.

Had never even heard of this title before. Nice grouping of all 11 issues - congrats. (thumbs u

And please let us know who the dealer is...

Thanks, guys! Hey, Tom! Believe it or not, there is also a series called "Date With Debbi" that ran about the same time. It lasted 18 issues, and I would love to find a high grade copy of number 18! It is actually a 20 cent cover.

The dealer is Cedar Chest Comics out of New York, I believe. He has some nice raws and slabs, but be careful with the raws if you have them graded!

I've dealt with Cedar Chest with mixed results and he lives in Florida now. He should have taken care of you on that restored book. The guy is more of a collector who is selling books than a real dealer and also he isn't that nice to deal with from my experience.

This is further proof I will stay far away from this guy.

Mark,

No doubt. he just didn't seem to understand why someone wouldn't want a restored book that wasn't sold as restored. It became clear pretty quickly that I was a bother to him. I stepped away and will not deal with him again.

Trust me, he gets it. He just wanted to be a tool and not help you. Sorry to hear about it. At least it was a small amount of money. :(

If he really knows, then he really was being a schwantz. That's too bad. But like you said, it could have been a lot worse for me.

Thanks for all the other comments fellas. It was certainly tough to put together in these grades. I'm actually hoping I found an upgrade recently. Unfortunately, not for the #4 though.

Very very cool - congrats on staying with it and thanks for sharing !

Like others have said, great to this off-beat set in such high grade !

-bc