• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New podcast/video from Felix Comic Art (UPDATED 1/3/17!)
6 6

1,647 posts in this topic

From guest filmmaker Nick Pitarra, I present...

FRANK QUITELY AND ME A Film By Nick Pitarra

If you don't know Nick Pitarra, he's Albert Moy's favorite new artist:

Cfx0wNRUAAAHqEt.jpg

Edited by Nexus

The May episode is now up!

http://felixcomicart.libsyn.com/

Guest this month is Scott Dunbier. For those who don't know, Scott is the Special Projects Editor at IDW, where he oversees his greatest achievement in publishing (IMO, anyway!), the Artist's Edition line. He was also an early original art dealer in the '80s and '90s. As you can guess, he's got great stories!

And here's his original art show-and-tell video:

Check it out, enjoy!

Guest this month is Scott Dunbier. For those who don't know, Scott is the Special Projects Editor at IDW, where he oversees his greatest achievement in publishing (IMO, anyway!), the Artist's Edition line. He was also an early original art dealer in the '80s and '90s. As you can guess, he's got great stories!

Check it out, enjoy!

I hope some talk of PREACHER art made it in there :wishluck:

And here's his original art show-and-tell video:

Check it out, enjoy!

Felix,

Another great podcast! Though you forgot to ask him how he finds all that great art for the Artists Editions.

Thanks Brian!

There's lots that I ended up talking about with Scott...AFTER the mikes were off. doh! Including his role in getting PREACHER art to the market (sorry, Mike!). But Scott's a great guy to talk to, it was a lot of fun, and I hope we can do this again down the road. With Scott, there's no shortage of things to talk about.

Another great episode. Looking forward to the Kirby Thor edition. :)

I wish you would have asked Scott if there was a possibility for a Ditko Marvel edition.

I'm still dreamin'. :D

The June 2016 episode is up!:

It's a special double-sized two-hour edition from Emerald City Comicon! The first hour features my conversation with longtime collector Andy Robbins. I've really enjoyed talking to Andy over the years about strategies and philosophies in building a comic art collection. This may be the most valuable episode yet for serious collectors. Learn the Andy Robbins Method!

Our second hour features a roundtable discussion with Andy and two returning guests from past episodes, John Butler and Lambert Sheng. Can't get enough talk about comic art? This will test your limits!

Unfortunately, our streak of "show-and-tell" videos ends this month:( We just ran out of time. But Andy's got some really special pieces to share, so we will definitely get to him down the line. In the meantime, we do have a new video this month. It features Daniel Warren Johnson's STAR WARS fan comic, GREEN LEADER:

Enjoy!

Another great postcast, well two. First one was great hearing how a collector approaches the hobby. The other was just pure fun. You mention Bill Cox at the end, I think he would be great to have on a future podcast. He has a unique view of the hobby as it evolved because of the CAF. Also would love to have an artists/collector like Scott Williams in the future from Felix Comic Art. Keep it up.

Edited by Brian Peck

Did you listen to the whole thing in one shot? Your attention span is better than mine! Thanks for the guest suggestions...I've actually been working on them, it's just a matter of getting our schedules to match. Fingers crossed, we'll make it happen soon.

I'd enjoy hearing Brian Peck interviewed. that guy has some knowledge!

BP's on my list! Along with a couple of other local guys. It's a long list, I'm going to keep this going until I get bored. Or the audience gets bored. Whichever comes first. But it's a lot of fun right now, so thanks to everyone who does the podcast, and to everyone who listens!