• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SA Adventure Comics Collectors Thread
6 6

702 posts in this topic

Here's a better scan of Adventure 340 than the one I posted on page 50 of this thread:

Comic201_zpse1iiytds.jpg

:cool:

One of my favorite stories of the silver age....

Was the killer computer storyline in Superman III (loosely) based on this book? hm

Just realized today I have Adventure 266-380 complete. Ten issues to get 250-380!!!

I'm missing #283 from having 261-424 complete. Three more missing to get back to #248.

Then we hit the sizable roadblock of #247!

Just back from CGC. Bought at a small comic shop in beautiful downtown Burbank back in the early 1990s. Always has been a favorite since I was a kid.

Adventure%20Comics%20275.jpg

It's a favorite of mine as well Steve, although the story riDiCulous!

Just back from CGC. Bought at a small comic shop in beautiful downtown Burbank back in the early 1990s. Always has been a favorite since I was a kid.

Adventure%20Comics%20275.jpg

This is a book with great cover appeal sadly let down by a contrived story that almost insults its readers.

Finding and appreciating this great copy all those years ago is the purest form of comic collecting. Hard to recreate that excitement of discovery these days.

Always a tough book, this is the nicest, brightest copy of this one I've seen in hand. I do think the PQ is nicer than the label states. I'll probably have CGC review it.

ADV%20247%20CGC%207.5_zpsox8hrkfn.jpg

Is it for sale?

I've owned it for a while now. I wasn't planning on selling it but you know what they say - everything has a price. :devil:

Always a tough book, this is the nicest, brightest copy of this one I've seen in hand. I do think the PQ is nicer than the label states. I'll probably have CGC review it.

ADV%20247%20CGC%207.5_zpsox8hrkfn.jpg

Beyond sweet

It's been a while since this thread was active, so thought I'd throw a couple out there. Thanks to MyComicShop ( :hi: Conan) and SuperWorld Comics ( :hi: Ted), here are my latest additions to the collection:

Adventure238_zpsekvsixmc.jpg

Okay, this one isn't technically Silver Age, but there doesn't seem to be a similar thread in Gold, and I think of Superboy as Silver Age, so here I puts it.

Adventure154_zps5vvawqtu.jpg

It's been a while since this thread was active, so thought I'd throw a couple out there. Thanks to MyComicShop ( :hi: Conan) and SuperWorld Comics ( :hi: Ted), here are my latest additions to the collection:

Adventure238_zpsekvsixmc.jpg

Okay, this one isn't technically Silver Age, but there doesn't seem to be a similar thread in Gold, and I think of Superboy as Silver Age, so here I puts it.

Adventure154_zps5vvawqtu.jpg

Two rarely-seen issues of Adventure Comics. Great books and beautiful copies. Congrats! (worship)(worship)