• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,788 posts in this topic

Is there any movement on the Valiant movies? Heard about Harbinger and Bloodshot movies but nothing since the announcement. Have no idea why an X-O Manowar movie wouldn't be in production, that would seem to be their big ticket. (shrug)

I don't think we would have heard anything about the Valiant movies until they were closer to complete if it hadn't been for the Sony hack. Valiant had to announce early.

The directors of John Wick were tied to the first Valiant movie (Bloodshot), but then John Wick 2 got the green light and the directors tackled it first.

X-O Manowar would probably need the most production costs to get everything right, which is probably not what you want to do first as far as risk goes. Lower budget Bloodshot and Harbinger movies can establish the Valiant movie universe without that X-O level of risk.

Is there any movement on the Valiant movies? Heard about Harbinger and Bloodshot movies but nothing since the announcement. Have no idea why an X-O Manowar movie wouldn't be in production, that would seem to be their big ticket. (shrug)

I don't think we would have heard anything about the Valiant movies until they were closer to complete if it hadn't been for the Sony hack. Valiant had to announce early.

The directors of John Wick were tied to the first Valiant movie (Bloodshot), but then John Wick 2 got the green light and the directors tackled it first.

X-O Manowar would probably need the most production costs to get everything right, which is probably not what you want to do first as far as risk goes. Lower budget Bloodshot and Harbinger movies can establish the Valiant movie universe without that X-O level of risk.

+1

This is a good call. They can build up and then risk more for a bigger payoff at the end if the earlier movies are successful.

This is a pretty solid result... the 1992 Gold Digger miniseries (#1-4) finishes at $372.75.

That's borderline modern, but feels sort of copper-y to me...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Antarctic-Press-Fred-Perrys-Gold-Digger-1-4-of-4-set-1992-93-see-pics-/191841427594?nma=true&si=GyvoPIUkahK8oWUJvAsLK6GDJME%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I would be amazed if I didn't have some of these

So going to back to this

I was moving boxes at my storage unit (getting a bigger space)

I did find a gold digger #6. Will continue to look for more in the coming weeks

This is a pretty solid result... the 1992 Gold Digger miniseries (#1-4) finishes at $372.75.

That's borderline modern, but feels sort of copper-y to me...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Antarctic-Press-Fred-Perrys-Gold-Digger-1-4-of-4-set-1992-93-see-pics-/191841427594?nma=true&si=GyvoPIUkahK8oWUJvAsLK6GDJME%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I would be amazed if I didn't have some of these

So going to back to this

I was moving boxes at my storage unit (getting a bigger space)

I did find a gold digger #6. Will continue to look for more in the coming weeks

Workin' in a gold mine, gold mine, gold mine. :grin:

The last ss1 9.8 sold for a little over $200 :shrug:

It's a completely different market. Someone paying that much for a set is a manga fiend. Most likely they would have no use for a slab. It's a perfect illustration of why you shouldn't have slab blinders on. Sometimes raw is the way to go.

It's a completely different market. Someone paying that much for a set is a manga fiend. Most likely they would have no use for a slab. It's a perfect illustration of why you shouldn't have slab blinders on. Sometimes raw is the way to go.

my apologies Sean. I was responding to CAK who has since deleted his post. He was pumping up Suicide Squad 1 going back to $400 dollars and that "daddy needed a break"

:hi:

A lot of that is issue #8, which seems to be some sort of first appearance that some people seem to care about

Yes, I always forget about that issue.

I picked up an issue from milehigh sometime within the last year or so, the one issue that I was missing, to have a set, and picked up a couple of extra #1s as well. Now it looks like they're short on high-grade, which suggests to me that someone is stocking up

my apologies Sean. I was responding to CAK who has since deleted his post. He was pumping up Suicide Squad 1 going back to $400 dollars and that "daddy needed a break"

I didn't delete the post, also didn't say that SS 1 9.8 was hitting $400.

There have been a few sales of blue 9.8's at $300,$325 and $350 in the past week.Since the 30th...new SS trailer or whatever promo material was put out by Warner Bros.As well as 2 copies via auction,which were the last 2 copies that sold, which didn't do so hot.

PPSM #64 was a hot item at the Calgary Expo this weekend. I sold all five copies I decided to put out without any trouble.

Other sales of interest (prices in $CDN = ~1.25 $USD price):

New Mutants #1 CGC 9.6 sold within 15 mins of me putting it out. I was worried I wasted a space in the box bringing it but it went fast.

UXM #266 CGC 9.6 at $250 CDN (this is the third copy I have sold at that price this spring - I guess I need a few more now). I had another dealer tell me that he gets $400 raw for HG copies down East, and then offer me $200 for my 9.6 in the next breath. lol

Raw ASM #361s were moving for $80 and then 100 at our booth. and I sold two copies with issues that were 6.0 and 7.5 for $50 apiece. I also moved a slabbed 9.4 for $100 and then a 9.6 at $150. Other dealers were reportedly selling raw VF or better copies for up to $150.

Killing Joke #1s were selling for $150.

Edited by kimik

Sorry bud. I thought you were referring to a Gold Digger #1 in SS 9.8 :blush: