• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your personal artwork
14 14

5,098 posts in this topic

_Finished this one today,

448123c7-bb1e-42aa-846f-af81798e0acd_zpsu0yomzsy.jpg

(The size of these old paychecks are 7.5 x 4.75 inches. After cropping the cell phone pic I just reduce to whatever size seems to lose the least clarity.

I'd use the scanner for more uniform image size, but scanner sucks for some colors)

(The size of these old paychecks are 7.5 x 4.75 inches. After cropping the cell phone pic I just reduce to whatever size seems to lose the least clarity.

I'd use the scanner for more uniform image size, but scanner sucks for some colors)

I quite like these sketches you have been doing. Thanks for sharing!

That looks awesome! Is the texture in the background the security feature in th check?

That looks awesome! Is the texture in the background the security feature in th check?

e55f1889-37cc-4680-818c-85ce415abb51_zpsskilawfw.jpg

Yea, just the gray wavy lines. Lately I've liked using them as canvas.

I literally have hundreds of paychecks, so they're free, and it fills out the background a bit. Many of the drawings I've posted in recent months are on those.

-Thanks for the kind words guys.

Haven't pick up a pen and paper in a long time but here is one I did this weekend.

lol.

The subject matter is great as well. It makes me wonder who is living their last day... the wolf or the man. Sure doesn't look like they both will walk away from this encounter.

Nice job.

Figured I might as well put these here. Never really did anything but doodle before. Recently was at Michaels and they had some crazy sale and we had a coupon......so I stocked up on sketchpads, bristol board, pencils, inks, prismacolor art markers and I think some other stuff. If you're going to get a wild interest in something, you may as well stock up when you have the chance, right?

Anyway, I'll post these in the order I've done them in. Trying to draw every night, but I often don't find the time. Still tons and tons of room for improvement, but so far I'm amazed by how relaxing and how much fun I have finishing a piece.

1st up - Bats - From a couple weeks ago

batman_zpsg7nnxz19.jpg

2nd - Dream - Last week or so

Dream_zpspv1sr0un.jpg

3rd - Deadpool - this and the next are actually both from this week.

deadpool_zpsasggym0c.jpg

4th - Flash

flash_zpsiedy8k3t.jpg

The Comic Book is finished except for graphic design, colouring, editing and everything else but writing, pencils, inks and letters. Here is the cover for the online version of chapter one. Book version will come out after the chapters have been on line.

COVEFR%20OF%20BOOK%20TWO%20LAYERS%20flat%20small.jpg

The Comic Book is finished except for graphic design, colouring, editing and everything else but writing, pencils, inks and letters. Here is the cover for the online version of chapter one. Book version will come out after the chapters have been on line.

COVEFR%20OF%20BOOK%20TWO%20LAYERS%20flat%20small.jpg

Looks great Ron!