• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

New Joker Easter Egg Spotted in Batman V Superman

jJdrFLK.png

The Chemical plant -- where The Joker was "created" in the comics -- had previously been spotted in viral campaigns for the movie. It appeared in a Turkish Airlines "Fly Gotham" TV spot as well as a map of the city provided on a Turkish Airlines viral website, and in a Time Out special, which we'll run down sometime soon.

Fans hadn't spotted it in the actual film, though, until this week when a Redditor who either photographed the screen at his local cinema or took a screen capture from a bootleg pointed out that the "Ace Chemical" logo can be seen in the Gotham skyline during the film's climactic battle with Doomsday.

I never even noticed that.

New Joker Easter Egg Spotted in Batman V Superman

jJdrFLK.png

The Chemical plant -- where The Joker was "created" in the comics -- had previously been spotted in viral campaigns for the movie. It appeared in a Turkish Airlines "Fly Gotham" TV spot as well as a map of the city provided on a Turkish Airlines viral website, and in a Time Out special, which we'll run down sometime soon.

Fans hadn't spotted it in the actual film, though, until this week when a Redditor who either photographed the screen at his local cinema or took a screen capture from a bootleg pointed out that the "Ace Chemical" logo can be seen in the Gotham skyline during the film's climactic battle with Doomsday.

I never even noticed that.

Sorry guys but that was a product placement for Ace "The Helpful Hardware Place!"

they haven't announced the blu ray release correct?

There was a few sites reporting July 16th for the release date. But then Warner pointed out it has not announced a date yet.

When Batman V Superman's Ultimate Edition Blu-ray And DVD Will Be Released

UPDATE: Warner Bros. has since stated that July 16 is not the release date for Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice' Blu-ray. No date has been released yet, but we'll be sure to update you when we have more information.

Hopefully this means sooner - not later.

Sorry guys but that was a product placement for Ace "The Helpful Hardware Place!"

Don't you worry. Once the big battle in Civil War is complete, Cap and Tony will stand next to an Acura NSX Roadster and shake hands for 55 seconds while looking uncomfortably in each other's eyes.

nyVNKUr.png

Or the two teams will chase each other around an Acura RDX for approximately 55-62 seconds to ensure the brand really sinks in for viewers.

NS8Jbul.png

cha-ching!

(:

Huh? That was out of left field.

I have never thought of Wonder Woman as being in the same strength or invulnerability class (Aside from certain moments) as Superman? Have you?

I know you like Timelys, but..ever read a Superman comic? (shrug)

He dies while fighting Doomsday. It wasn't Wonder Woman.

Should they further alter the story in fears of appearing sexist?

Edit, sorry one other thought. It was Wonder Woman who saved Batman when she first came to the fight. Or chopped off Doomsdays hand in an awesome moment.

Yes, but I stay away from the modern rebooted stuff. That said, if Zack is rebooting these icons for a modern audience, why do it halfway. Why wouldn't a modern interpretation of WW be more in keeping with matching her skills to Superman if their to be assessed as equals? hm

Food for thought.

He does like his beer. hm

Traditional ales (top fermented) (thumbs u

for the second movie in the new DCCU is looking good. the movie got everybody talking about Batman and Wonder Woman with each movie adding to the universe by helping it grow is just going to get better.

You had noted that BvS may match or pass Men In Black (1997). And now it is only $7.1 MM away from that goal.

:applause:

Inflation adjusted, including marketing and covering bonus pay and points for lead actors? hm

Inflation adjusted, including marketing and covering bonus pay and points for lead actors? hm

Good point. Men In Black probably is revenue-sharing heavy.

IiKGA7X.gif

(:

I have never thought of Wonder Woman as being in the same strength or invulnerability class (Aside from certain moments) as Superman? Have you?

Edit, sorry one other thought. It was Wonder Woman who saved Batman when she first came to the fight. Or chopped off Doomsdays hand in an awesome moment.

Yes, but I stay away from the modern rebooted stuff. That said, if Zack is rebooting these icons for a modern audience, why do it halfway. Why wouldn't a modern interpretation of WW be more in keeping with matching her skills to Superman if their to be assessed as equals? hm

Food for thought.

Modern rebooted stuff? Not sure I understand?

The movie uses Superman 75 (from 1993) and Dark Knight (1986) as major story points.

Historically Superman has almost always been at a more powerful/ stronger power level than WW. (With maybe exceptions of early Golden age, and some depowered moments.)

Just as Wonder Woman is at a much higher power level than Batman.

Why change this now?

One of Wonder Woman's iconic moves is to deflect bullets and other blasts from her braclets. Superman deflects bullets with his eyeballs. Why change?

Here is a clip from WW's intro. An awesome moment that even most who didn't like the movie, loved.

Looks no more MISOGYNIST than it does MISANDRIST.

Edited by Rip

Food for thought.

The movie uses Superman 75 (from 1993) and Dark Knight (1986) as major story points.

Historically Superman has almost always been at a more powerful/ stronger power level than WW. (With maybe exceptions of early Golden age, and some depowered moments.)

Why change this now?

One of Wonder Woman's iconic moves is to deflect bullets and other blasts from her braclets. Superman deflects bullets with his eyeballs. Why change?

Here is a clip from WW's intro. An awesome moment that even most who didn't like the movie, loved.

Then why did Batfleck get the opportunity to slug it out with Supe in Kryptonian armor instead of Wonder Woman. Oh, that's right, her mom wasn't named Martha. Got it. lol

How much screen time does WW get again?

Fixed per WW's request. (thumbs u

Food for thought.

Why change this now?

Then why did Batfleck get the opportunity to slug it out with Supe in Kryptonian armor instead of Wonder Woman. Oh, that's right, her mom wasn't named Martha. Got it. lol

hm There was no Kryptonian armor in the movie.

The Superman VS Batman battle is based on The Dark Knight.

Why would the heck would WW fight Sups?

Why must she share equal screen time when its not really her movie or story being explored here. Her stand alone movie is next year. Should I get upset that Bruce Wayne isn't sharing equal time in that movie?

:idea: Maybe you can come up with a new movie where you can change her name from Diana Prince to Mary Sue. :baiting:

I don't mean this as a jab, try reading the source material and understanding the history before investing so much emotion into it. It will make things go easier for everyone. :foryou:

Edited by Rip

Food for thought.

Why change this now?

hmThere was no Kryptonian armor in the movie.

The Superman VS Batman battle is based on The Dark Knight.

Why would the heck would WW fight Sups?

Batman_v_Superman_Dawn_of_Justice_72528.jpg

Others were describing Batfleck's armor as Kryptonite. That would make sense if he had any chance at all.

The point of good scriptwriting is to create something that would allow WW to be an equal fighting partner. Wonder Woman was very powerful in the GA, she was tantamount to a female version of Superman. But if she isn't up to it, Batman fighting Superman doesn't make sense at all and the name Martha stopping the fight is about as lame a deus ex machina as Zack and the boys could come up with.

Why must she share equal screen time when its not really her movie or story being explored here. Her stand alone movie is next year. Should I get upset that Bruce Wayne isn't sharing equal time in that movie?

I was merely using it as a point to emphasize Zack predilection for casting women in submissive roles in his films. That's fine, if the stand alone WW movie isn't written/directed by Zack Snyder I might actually catch it during it's run.

:idea: Maybe you can come up with a new movie where you can change her name from Diana Prince to Mary Sue. :baiting:

:facepalm:

I don't mean this as a jab, try reading the source material and understanding the history before investing so much emotion into it. It will make things go easier for everyone. :foryou:

I'm more familiar with the GA history of the characters and I'm not especially fond of darkly dystopian cinema anyway, but least of all with Superman. For Batman it works, because Batman's character evolved from darkness. But I consider MoS a disaster. Nothing about that film worked for me.

Maybe the reboot of WW will work fine, but I suspect it will carry forward little of the character's tradition.

It has become clear this boardie is not here to have a serious discussion but is the definition of a troll. He is now claiming misogyny for a movie he hasn't even seen. A movie that definitely has no misogyny, but anyone who has seen the movie can attest to that.

At this point all I can suggest is:

:troll:

They were wrong. It was just a big armored suit.

Batman was useless in the battle with Doomsday.

I hope that isn't a problem as well.

WW was a great fighter. She had a special sword that could cut through Doomsday. And a shield.

I liked the Martha comment. It was brilliant. It helped humanize Superman and it was a nice coincident that has been around since the 1930's. Also reminded me a little bit of Christopher Reeve.

I can agree to the dystopian Superman. Its clearly seems to strike off base from his roots.

Edited by Rip

I'm more familiar with the GA history of the characters and

Have you ever read early GA Wonder Woman? I'm guessing you would be down right livid if you knew what was in store for you. :blush:

sb55-etta3.jpg

Edited by Rip

It has become clear this boardie is not here to have a serious discussion but is the definition of a troll. He is now claiming misogyny for a movie he hasn't even seen. A movie that definitely has no misogyny, but anyone who has seen the movie can attest to that.

I haven't claimed anything. I mentioned misogyny based on the spoiler provided. I'm well aware that Zack Snyder has that tendency from other films he's directed.

So anyone who has strong reservations on a film based on a consensus of critical reviews is now considered a troll? Well, that's nice.

I'm more familiar with the GA history of the characters and

Have you ever read early GA Wonder Woman? I'm guessing you would be down right livid if you knew what was in store for you. :blush:

sb55-etta3.jpg

Yes, and there are always elements in the comics which wouldn't work as filmed then or now, but it's easier to excuse stereotypes in a vintage comic than in a modern film.

You come across as a troll because you are so persistent in dropping highly inflammatory remarks about something you clearly have very little knowledge about. It looks like crazy talk. :insane:

Stick with Timely or Catman covers. (thumbs u

I'm just catching up again here and I do hope he is just being a troll because the alternative would mean that we have a grown man exhibiting very childish behavior over his dislike of a movie and can't let it go. Eventually he'll see the movie and repeat everything he has stated claiming he was right which raises the question: why even bother seeing it at all?

I've disliked some very popular movies like Avatar, the new Star Wars and quite a few Marvel movies and I've expressed that here but I don't pop back into those threads over and over daily trashing them with pretentious quips or occasionally trying to denigrate those who did enjoy those movies.

Keep in mind, I'm not naming anyone here and let's not forget this little guy ;)

Six of one half a dozen of the other judging from the opinions. Well, you're certainly entitled to your viewpoint and I'm not critisizing you for it.

If one cares deeply about the original comics, reboots can either work by extension or chip away at any appreciation for the characters you grew up with.

I tend to be very passionate about film and comics, which is probably what you perceive as childish behavior. Both my wife and I found MoS offensive, but from my perspective it was the most vile, offensive and degrading film I've paid to see in the past twenty years, Very few people had as negative a reaction as I did to this film. Of course everyone takes from any film experience what they will. In this instance, I felt some guilt at having contributed to the profits of MoS which allowed Zack Snyder to make a sequel.

Overreaction? Probably, and as someone who has worked in the film industry, I can appreciate the hard work it takes to make films of this magnitude. But as patron of the industry, rarely have I come out of a theater actually loathing what I'd seen. That was my reaction to MoS.

So please forgive me or at least extend a modicum of understanding if I overreact occasionally. I'm not predisposed to insulting folks with seemingly pretentious quips unless insulted. When insulted, then the gloves come off. I will readily acknowledge that my vernacular does tred dangerously close to pretension. That's just my communication style.

Peace, bro. :)

I tend to be very passionate about film and comics, which is probably what you perceive as childish behavior. Both my wife and I found MoS offensive, but from my perspective it was the most vile, offensive and degrading film I've paid to see in the past twenty years, Very few people had as negative a reaction as I did to this film. Of course everyone takes from any film experience what they will. In this instance, I felt some guilt at having contributed to the profits of MoS which allowed Zack Snyder to make a sequel.

You mean the misogyny you perceived to be part of 'Man of Steel' that actually wasn't a movie theme, but actually the opposing view?

Mysogyny? :facepalm: You are just making stuff up.

He's just a postulating postulator. But not the Roman Church-type (although secretly he may wish to canonization Snyder one day).

But on a more serious note, misogyny in 'Man of Steel'?!

If anything, Clark worshiped his mother who is a strong influence on his life views. Even in reflecting back on his early years when his powers started appearing, it was Martha Kent that taught him how to calm his fears.

She becomes his guiding light to overcome his transition pains from unknowing youth to super-powered being. And without her stability and love, who knows what he would have become.

And it carries over to his later life. When he defends his co-worker at the bar, and was pushed to the point he could have killed the disrespectful patron, it is that female co-worker that brings him out of that pending rage that could have led to a horrible situation - for that patron.

Even when Clark needs to find peace in his life, he comes back to Martha to share the news he has discovered his origin and his birth father.

The women in Clark's life are his peace and comfort in his adopted world. And for those that would be disrespectful to them - like Zod threatening Martha Kent - watch out!

Other than that - misogyny. Misogyny everywhere in 'Man of Steel'.

(:

Peace, bro. :)

And peace be with you, bro.

:foryou:

We all know the misogyny claims are BS. Right?

In MOS Lois says right at the start "So, if we're done measuring , can you have your people show me what you've found."

And in BvS she tells the terrorist: "I'm not a lady, I'm a journalist."

It's just ludicrous.