• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 50 Year Junk Obsession
9 9

4,504 posts in this topic

I recently picked up this 1940's Ozark Ike pinback very cheap on the bay.

It got me to thinking, we are about a month into the baseball season and what other baseball related comic character pinbacks I might have?

pinbackozarkike_zpsozweng6x.jpg

And a little lesson to you condition purists...

I picked this up from a guy over 30 years ago. I almost passed on it due to it's condition but the price was OK and I pulled the trigger. Sure glad I did because I've only seen this one twice since then and they both sold for very big money.

Buy it when you see it and upgrade later if you can.

Very early 1930's promo button.

pinbackmickeymouseconverse_zpserwjgvzb.jpg

First, let me say that the Pickle Neary pin is a large pin and one of the earliest comic pins advertising newspapers. I think the strip only ran for a few months and the pin is very hard to find. The last time Ted Hake had one in his auctions, he said it was only the third or fourth one he had seen. It isn't that rare, Bob and I each have one in our collections, and I'm sure many other people do as well, but I doubt there are more than 20 of them out there because of its age and limited distribution.

I do have a complete set of the 154 Yellow Kid pins but I doubt that anyone wants to see that many images of the Yellow Kid. After awhile they all look the same.

YK%20pinback%20set.jpg

Here is a picture of the complete set, I know the pins are small and I'm sorry, but you can get an idea of what they look like. Pins #95-100 are not known to exist and I put yellow discs in the set as place holders.

YK%20pinback%20set.jpg

Here is a picture of the complete set, I know the pins are small and I'm sorry, but you can get an idea of what they look like. Pins #95-100 are not known to exist and I put yellow discs in the set as place holders.

TRULY TERRIFIC! :applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

mm

Wow Rich just Wow!

All I was asking for was the variations of the baseball one (solid back, easel back & open back). But I am more that happy to view your whole beautiful set!

I really doubt many people realize what a feat it is to have the whole set of these. These are well over 100 years old and just don't exist any more.

The only other full set I know of is one that Hakes auctioned off a few years ago. Although, there might be annother. If you had the money you could put together a full set of say Superman or Batman in a few days. These just can't be had for money. You've got to track them down one by one folks and I'm sure it took him many years.

YK%20pinback%20set.jpg

Rich, that is a truly amazing accomplishment!

Thanks Guys, It did take years but it was a great hunt and I have always enjoyed that more than actually having the stuff;.\

I've been out of town, but I will try and post the varieties Bob mentioned in the next few days.