• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MOST VALUABLE MODERN VARIANTS - THE RANKINGS
18 18

2,250 posts in this topic

I'm surprised so many people are bashing the list generated by the OP.

If you don't like the list, maybe you can make your own? (shrug)

Exactly !! OP created this thread. It's his thread, his rules.

One of the harsh realities of message board life is that, once a thread is posted, no matter who posts it, it no longer belongs to the OP...it belongs to the world, and anyone and everyone can....and should be able to...post their own opinions in response, even if that isn't the direction the OP intended.

In other words...once released into the wild, nobody owns any thread.

Can't agree with that. If this were the case, then there would be no need for sub-forums/topics as it wouldn't matter what anyone said, it'd just be a mess, devoid of centered discussion and likely wither and die on the vine. Gotta stay on topic, granted can't always be 100% of the time, but as much as possible.

Jerome

Unfortunately, staying on topic would mean talking about the most valuable modern variants. But that is not exactly what this list is.

One of the harsh realities of message board life is that, once a thread is posted, no matter who posts it, it no longer belongs to the OP...it belongs to the world, and anyone and everyone can....and should be able to...post their own opinions in response, even if that isn't the direction the OP intended.

Can't agree with that. If this were the case, then there would be no need for sub-forums/topics as it wouldn't matter what anyone said, it'd just be a mess, devoid of centered discussion and likely wither and die on the vine. Gotta stay on topic, granted can't always be 100% of the time, but as much as possible.

Jerome

Unfortunately, staying on topic would mean talking about the most valuable modern variants. But that is not exactly what this list is.

By the stated criteria that applies to most variants, it most certainly is. (thumbs u

Oh, and that raw copy of that Vader down book got re-listed (again):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Marvel-Star-Wars-Vader-Down-1-Variant-Edition-Incentive-Cover-1-4999-Zdarsky-NM-/121969609199?hash=item1c65f489ef:g:qMIAAOSwiYFXIRD0

(this is part of the reason why I made being at least three years old part of the criteria)

-J.

Take any current eBay results with a grain of salt. There's a promotion that you only pay $10 in FVFs for your first 10 or so results over $100, so it's fairly cheap to shill and complete a transaction to make a book seem a lot more valuable

doh!

-J.

Yeah they wont budge lol ahh well there loss

I paid a scoosh (sp? - skoosh?) over $1,500 for mine. I've got a soft spot for Dell'Otto so I overpaid a little. Some books you gotta have, some books you gotta pass. Good luck man!

Jerome

Edited by Lethal_Collector

Jerome

You're free to disagree, but that's not how it has ever worked. Your dispute, then, is not with me but with the way things are.

Anyone insisting that every thread "stay on topic" (as, by the way, that individual defines it) is going to have a rough time in any community.

Human beings don't work that way, and never have.

That doesn't mean that a thread about modern variants would veer off into a deep discussion about Arabian horses....but it could. Trying to control any thread, and by extension, other people, is the mark of the insecure. Nobody owns anything here except the Certified Collectibles Group.

That's just the way it is.

Jerome

You're free to disagree, but that's not how it has ever worked. Your dispute, then, is not with me but with the way things are.

Anyone insisting that every thread "stay on topic" (as, by the way, that individual defines it) is going to have a rough time in any community.

That doesn't mean that a thread about modern variants would veer off into a deep discussion about Arabian horses....but it could. Trying to control any thread, and by extension, other people, is the mark of the insecure.

By the way....this entire sub-topic is off-topic..

:popcorn:

Jerome

That doesn't mean that a thread about modern variants would veer off into a deep discussion about Arabian horses....but it could. Trying to control any thread, and by extension, other people, is the mark of the insecure.

By the way....this entire sub-topic is off-topic..

:popcorn:

We'll just have to agree to disagree buddy, I don't want the thread to go off-topic lol

Jerome