• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,446 posts in this topic

I can't wait until this Wednesday! What is Negan going to do next? I will probably read the digital copy during my lunch break Wednesday at work and pick up the real thing from an LCS on my way home. I'd love to hear some predictions if anyone would care to share.

Negan (Saviors) and the Whisperers may have crossed paths before... Negan is Lydia's dad!! :o

I think Negan will be captured by the Whisperers, but will find a way to murder Alpha. This will make him the leader of the Whisperers by default!

Is this book slabbable?? I just need to know if I'm gonna have to chase twelve of these too.

The magazine is the same size (length and width) as the monthly Previews catalog. Not sure if that helps answer your question.

Is this book slabbable?? I just need to know if I'm gonna have to chase twelve of these too.

Only if you are a diehard complitist......

Wondering it makes it into a cgc set...magazine set?

The magazine is the same size (length and width) as the monthly Previews catalog. Not sure if that helps answer your question.

OK I'm game..... Are the preview catalogs slabbable?

OK I'm game..... Are the preview catalogs slabbable?

I don't believe they are. The Image+ isn't nearly as thick as the Previews though.

I'm certain they're slabbable but only as a magazine - they're not previews thick - they are the thickness of a normal magazine, like a Sports Illustrated, for example. The print quality on the #1 was terrible, IMO...and it was the worst pic on a cover imaginable (up there with the Gabriel as a Whisperer Wizard World cover, IMO). Snot Girl? Really? That's the selling point??? I mean, it's not like the Negan origin and the Negan 1st app in the show would have been better...had they wanted to sell more copies, that would have been the route to go...not the straight to the dollar bin preview of Snot Girl (a soon-to-be Image classic, lol).

What if instead of Negan killing Alpha, she kills him?? So many of you feel Negan is a long term star character, so how cool would Kirkman feel to snuff him unexpectedly, and make Alpha the new big bad. Saves Rick from ever having to make the decision.

I could see her killing Dwight, and Negan getting Lucille back, but having her kill Negan seems like a cheap way to dispose of him. I hope he stays until the series ends. The best villains are the ones that you think you can trust.

If I were Kirkman I might want to end all the expectation of Negan being around forever. It was nice that Rick spared him, but cmon, he's always this contrived threat waiting to happen. Makes no sense.

Unless Negan will someday kill Rick, what's his purpose other than a potential plot device waiting to happen. better to move on with the saga. Pull the ripcord on Negan, he's a crutch.

I'm thinking Kirkman may feel the same way.

If I were Kirkman I might want to end all the expectation of Negan being around forever. It was nice that Rick spared him, but cmon, he's always this contrived threat waiting to happen. Makes no sense.

Unless Negan will someday kill Rick, what's his purpose other than a potential plot device waiting to happen. better to move on with the saga. Pull the ripcord on Negan, he's a crutch.

I'm thinking Kirkman may feel the same way.

No way. Maybe Negan is going to do Rick a favor and kill Alpha for her or take over and make her pipe down on the killing of his group. Then Rick will owe Negan and thus be lured into the trap of semi trusting him. Then Negan kills Rick later on.

That's my wish. 2c

That's a good solution if you believe Kirkman has to kill Rick at some point. I don't have a problem with Rick surviving, but it is a direction Kirkman may make someday to kickstart a "new beginning" and prove that no one is safe. Let's face it, he has definitely given it some real thought as one way to go.

But overall, I don't see Negan as any more of the BIG bad for the Walking Dead franchise than the Governor was in his time. I see a progression in storytelling. Early on in the series, you kill all your adversaries to survive. Later you can jail them (which was very surprising given the first 120 issues of confrontations.) so Kirkman has shaken up the narrative by keeping Negan alive.

But should TWD keep on rolling along to 300 or 400 issues, why would it ALL have to come down to Rick vs Negan? I have a hard time believing that Kirkmans final cast is already here. He seems far more intent to keep exploring (albeit slowly) the entire world of possibilities of this post apocalyptic world he has created, and only scratched a few hundred square miles of so far.

No?

That's a good solution if you believe Kirkman has to kill Rick at some point. I don't have a problem with Rick surviving, but it is a direction Kirkman may make someday to kickstart a "new beginning" and prove that no one is safe. Let's face it, he has definitely given it some real thought as one way to go.

But overall, I don't see Negan as any more of the BIG bad for the Walking Dead franchise than the Governor was in his time. I see a progression in storytelling. Early on in the series, you kill all your adversaries to survive. Later you can jail them (which was very surprising given the first 120 issues of confrontations.) so Kirkman has shaken up the narrative by keeping Negan alive.

But should TWD keep on rolling along to 300 or 400 issues, why would it ALL have to come down to Rick vs Negan? I have a hard time believing that Kirkmans final cast is already here. He seems far more intent to keep exploring (albeit slowly) the entire world of possibilities of this post apocalyptic world he has created, and only scratched a few hundred square miles of so far.

No?

Negan has been in over 50 issues of WD...he's a lot bigger than the Governor ever was.

No?

+1 To compare The Governor to Negan is not even possible IMO.

Edited by natevegas

Maybe if Kirkman only make it to 200 issues. I don't get the feeling Kirkman will allow himself to be tied down to one big villain.. Good point about Negan being around 50 issues. But, counting issues isn't meaningful, for a few simple reasons. First, in the progression of the story, Govrnor was pretty early on. He had the group face a stronger opponent, and Rick etc struggled to survive. In later arcs, he decided to wage a larger full scale war with many communities joined together. That took a lot of issues to set up. Then he took what 15-20 issues alone to end it in telling All Out War? The number of issues is many more than Guv due to Kirkman settling in and biting off a much more elaborate plot than he did with the Guv. Shows his progression as a creator.

Which is why I believe he will outgrow Negans character, toss him aside when he embarks on larger tales of his new world. Sooner or later we will see NY, Boston, Chicago. There will be plenty of Ricks and Negans to write about.

Not to mention Kirkmans tendency to throw a shocker just when we all think we know where he is going.

I like Negan too, just don't see him as Joker. Don't really see the superhero genre analogy either. Time will tell.

Edited by aman619