• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Playboy Magazines... are they worth anything past the 1st 10?

44 posts in this topic

The Bettie Page issue is a Christmas issue within the first few years and is second in value to only #1.

There is an issue from the late 1960's with a Gilbert Shelton "Feds 'n Heads" game bound in. If unused sells well to the underground folks.

that issue is actually from 1971 - September, 1971:

from a snipet from a Doug Sulipa list I often use to research Playboy and Penthouse

September 1971; ** Centerfold Playmate & Cover Girl; Crystal Smith, of Kansas City; >> Also Includes; Jules Feiffer interview; Julie Christie; Surreal Ladies; Girls of the Golden west;Irwin Shaw; Michael Crichton; Little Annie Fanny comics by Harvey Kurtzman & Will Elder; FEDS 'N' HEADS Board Game, by Gilbert Shelton, with Freak Brothers & Dealer McDope; 2 page GGA/ Good Girl Art VARGAS GIRL pinup by Alberto VARGAS; [ BOARD GAME MISSING = (VG=$12; G=$8.00) ]; [ BOARD GAME INTACT = (FN=$24; VG=$16) ];

So an intact board game will double the price perhaps.

Not that I am a collector anymore-- but I had all my dad's old Playboys as well as my own collection from the late 1980s through about 2008. I sold off a ton of them on eBay prior to moving to Arizona -- mostly selling a full year at a time and getting about 10 bucks or so for the mid/late 1990s books. The more recent issues (2000s) actually sold faster and at a better price. I have since moved all of them to Amazon listings and get the occasional sale there for about 8-9 per book (net profit after selling fees, postage).

I have sold some fairly beat up 1960s copies for decent money-- nothing crazy. I also recently sold my Trump cover issue (early 1990s) for 14 bucks. The key like with many mag sales depends on the cover subject most of the time. But interior content can also matter as I sold a June 1963 cover less issue that had nudes of Jayne Mansfield. And of course-- condition is very important most of the time.

Just picked up a collection 1962-79 75% complete. Mid grade and some missing centerfolds. The Feds and Heads is in the mag(pretty cool), but no centerfold. :censored:

9 hours ago, Conwave said:

I am interested in buying the playboy magazine that shows Anna Nicole Smith in a Santa suit, laying on a black baby grand piano! Do not know the year! Can anyone help? !

Don't recall her being in an Xmas issue???   Jenny McCarthy was on the cover for an Xmas issue. 

The image you're looking for isn't a cover image, correct?   Just interior?