• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BATMAN VS SUPERMAN MOVIE A DOG

765 posts in this topic

I remember this movie waterworld...it had to make a ton of money to break even...it was a stinker according to the critics...it was not as bad as people said, it grossed a bunch of money and it still cost the studio...100 mi loss...every board member should read the above Forbes essay..

I remember this movie waterworld...it had to make a ton of money to break even...it was a stinker according to the critics...it was not as bad as people said, it grossed a bunch of money and it still cost the studio...100 mi loss...every board member should read the above Forbes essay..

..... I liked it, but didn't pony up for a ticket. Around here, Superman vs Batman is no longer showing at any theatre..... that was quick. I still wanted to see it. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Bat v super drooped to 9th place on sat estimate...DOGGONE it

9th place, huh? Since it's a DOG I guess it's officially a K-9. FIDO has no dough. doh!

I shoulda just muttered that pun to myself.

Sorry, it's Saturday night, I'm deep in my ale and in need of a fireplug (bad sign for Catman).

Enough! I'm sure someone else will come up with Snyder remarks. :insane:

Cheers,

Cat

Collateral damage has just began, if cap civil wAr is a hit... Lookout... I think dc is gonna try to hire some marvel guys away and reboot

Maybe WB with Zack's blessing can hire Ike Perlmutter who used to control Marvel Entertainment's marketing (toys) for Disney. He's the guy who kept female characters off the market even though surveys indicated that they'd sell phenomenally well infuriating a good percentage of the fan community, not to mention young women who saw the decision as sexist.

Or maybe Warners in their infinite wisdom will hire Alan Fine, formerly head of the creative team that sent notes to every Marvel production constraining directors until they were so frustrated with Marvel's system that they didn't want to work with the studio again. Not to mention trying to skimp on budgets to the point that Kevin Feige had to do an end run around them to keep productions running smoothly.

Supposedly it was Kevin Feige who finally convinced Disney to dump the creative team and severe relations with Perlmutter to maximize the potential of Marvel Studios.

Those exes would be a great match for the WB and Zack Snyder. That would allow them to continue on their present course unabated until Zack sails Warner's ship of fools into the dystopian iceberg of despair. And guess what, James Cameron, looking over their shoulders will smile, shrug and say, "Don't blame me, I made my money off a sinking ship, ...you've got no place left to go!"

Sorry about the length of that, but it's late and I'm deep in my cups. :grin:

i don't know if they frequent gold, but there is a core cadre of about 6 d.c. sycophants over on the general tv/movies thread that could come over here and, with but a few choice posts, allay all fears relative to the future of the d.c. film universe. they're fun to read, i tell you.

B v S weekend estimate 3,8 mil at approx 863 worldwide box office...down only 30% according Boxfficemjo..big news cap civil war 200.2 million dollar opening week overseas 63% of the overseas market....94% approval rating rotten tomatos

Edited by Mmehdy

i don't know if they frequent gold, but there is a core cadre of about 6 d.c. sycophants over on the general tv/movies thread that could come over here and, with but a few choice posts, allay all fears relative to the future of the d.c. film universe. they're fun to read, i tell you.

Coming to gold for allay seems about as unlikely as perusing gold for an assay. They must be horny or think we're all rich.

I've flirted with their opinions quite a bit over there. :blush:

Very interesting article in holloywoodreporter today... B vs S the verdict....it's a bit against my overall thought on the movie and the gross success ... It did state thatdeadpool would of outgrossed it if had been released in China ... If you clink in the link below the article to "comments" section there is a very funny comment involving Howard the Duck and bat v super

Edited by Mmehdy

I noticed quite a bit of studio spin in that final BO analysis. For one thing, the production budget looked grossly under-reported for that article. Reported costs have been estimated to be conservatively between 250 and 260 million with some estimates as high as 300 million, and that doesn't include any marketing expenses or star payouts.

The bottom line is that BvS probably underperformed by at least 200 million based on studio expectations. But I don't blame WB for putting a positive face on it. After all, they're kinda tethered to this vision of the DC universe going forward. It wouldn't surprise me if a lot of single malt scotch Is shipped special delivery to critics just prior to the next WB Superman pre-release screenings.

I noticed quite a bit of studio spin in that final BO analysis. For one thing, the production budget looked grossly under-reported for that article. Reported costs have been estimated to be conservatively between 250 and 260 million with some estimates as high as 300 million, and that doesn't include any marketing expenses or star payouts.

The bottom line is that BvS probably underperformed by at least 200 million based on studio expectations. But I don't blame WB for putting a positive face on it. After all, they're kinda tethered to this vision of the DC universe going forward. It wouldn't surprise me if a lot of single malt scotch Is shipped special delivery to critics just prior to the next WB Superman pre-release screenings.

David merry god mother can you send me this :headbang:

http://liquorama.net/balvenie-40-year-old-speyside-single-malt-scotch.html?vfsku=7928&vfsku=7928&gpla=pla&gclid=CLKZpquJvMwCFYpffgodL9cDrA

If you buy me 2 free shipping say Whaaaaat :devil:

Edited by woowoo

David merry god mother can you send me this :headbang:

http://liquorama.net/balvenie-40-year-old-speyside-single-malt-scotch.html?vfsku=7928&vfsku=7928&gpla=pla&gclid=CLKZpquJvMwCFYpffgodL9cDrA

If you buy me 2 free shipping say Whaaaaat :devil:

Why did you show me THAT! :cry: You are truly evil! :taptaptap: