• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,560 posts in this topic

Disney_fun123

Bid on a four figure book on 2/13 and I accepted within about an hour of bid.

Gentle reminder sent on 2/17 and got no response.

My listings clearly state that payment should be made within 3 days. I'm fine if they contact me first with a reasonable delay but he didn't.

Waste of time.

My experience with disney_fun123.

He bought a $1000 comic from me around noon last Saturday (6 days ago now). Was one of three expensive sales that day. I invoiced all immediately. He was the only one who waited until Sunday to pay.

I messaged all 3 (once they paid) to establish pleasant contact and to let them know I would be shipping Monday AM. He was the only one who did not respond.

I also messaged all 3 on Wednesday, checking back in, letting them know the comics would arrive that day, or possibly the next, and asking them to let me know if anything was amiss. He was the only one who did not respond.

All 3 books required signature confirmation. He was the only one who was not home. He has still not picked up the book. The post office has had it for over 24 hours.

You know what? He paid. He'll pick up his comic sooner or later. He might or might not ever leave eBay feedback. He probably won't send a personal message of thanks. Was it the warmest of interactions? No. But he did pay.

Given his large amount of feedback, I'm guessing he does pay most of the time but I wouldn't be surprised if some of his purchases get neglected. He does seem busy or otherwise unresponsive.

I know of one guy who never picked up his package and wanted a refund ebay sided with seller. Seler got the money, and the book back.

If someone messaged me that many times over a purchase I would think they were a little weird. You might think you are doing some great customer service attention thing-- but other folks might find it annoying and over the top. He bought something-- paid for it eventually -- he doesn't need to have a conversation about the sale or even provide you feedback. Just my take-- not everyone has the time to carry on a communication or be sitting at the door waiting to receive a signature required delivery.

Yep, he paid in my case and I was good with it, as I told the poster who first brought up this guy is basically silent.

Even for a $1175 comic.

As for being weird that a seller would send two messages, (1) "hello, I'll ship on X" and (2) "hello, it arrives today, please let me know if there are any problems", for a relatively expensive comic book from a novice seller, I think I'll just keep on providing that level of communication with buyers. I'm guessing that volume sellers and buyers don't have time for it - I get that. I'm more like "50 sales and done", so it matters.

I always send 2 messages... "your book is ready to ship" & "your book shipped". I just do it because I appreciate those messages when I buy. That's just me though, I don't expect every other person on Earth to feel the same way.

Yep, he paid in my case and I was good with it, as I told the poster who first brought up this guy is basically silent.

Even for a $1175 comic.

So a customer does you the great service of purchasing a very expensive comic and then you bad mouth him and publish his 'name' in a thread about buyers from eBay that are so bad they should be blocked?

Even for a $1175 comic.

So a customer does you the great service of purchasing a very expensive comic and then you bad mouth him and publish his 'name' in a thread about buyers from eBay that are so bad they should be blocked?

+1, Buyer is under no obligation to correspond back to the seller. He paid and missing the mailman isn't a crime. As Andy Dufresne would say, you are being obtuse. Tried to figure out the outcome of Stumptown's warning about buyer but was unable to find thread. Anyone know?

dragonjab

Went back and forth negotiating over a book. I said "make it $200, and you have yourself a deal!"

They made an offer for $200.

I accepted.

Two hours later:

Hi, unfortunately I no longer need item. Instead of returning item could you please cancel transaction. eBay will not charge you any fees if you send me the cancellation link/message. I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you so much.

Then, later in the day:

Hi, sent you request for cancellation. I see your auction has two week refund policy but wanted to avoid the hassle of returning item. Thx, I appreciate it.

I did not reply to either message. Notice the subtle, implied threat: "if you make me pay for the item, and you send the item, I will return it, and you will be out the postage, too."

Today, received payment. I refunded, Paypal takes 30 cent non-negotiable transaction fee, and eBay takes the 30 listing fee, and refuses to protect me from either negative feedback or being stolen from.

The corruptness of eBay never, ever ceases to amaze me.

I recommend blocking dragonjab

Why didn't you just cancel to begin with and move on? What point did you end up proving there?

That people should honor their commitments...?

I know, crazy!

I didn't cancel because the buyer made a commitment to buy the item, and he/she was asking to be let out of that commitment with no cost. I wasn't about to do that, and would have filed a NPB case if it came to that.

It did not.

lol Have fun jousting your windmills

Bingo !

"New message from: stujamw1971

Hi

I'm so sorry my autistic son got hold of my tablet and bid for this and didn't realise that he had bought it ,if possible could I cancel it please as it is not needed and he's not even old enough to read this comic

Sorry for the trouble and I would greatly appreciate it"

I do think it's a terrible thing to use disability (genuine or not as an excuse for your failings as a human being.

Funny how his son can't read, but he can click on Make Offer, then figure out a reasonable (25% in this case) discount off the price of a book is, and manage to hit the submit button....his son's reading is obviously better than the guy's lie-inventing...tool.

Bingo !

"New message from: stujamw1971

Hi

I'm so sorry my autistic son got hold of my tablet and bid for this and didn't realise that he had bought it ,if possible could I cancel it please as it is not needed and he's not even old enough to read this comic

Sorry for the trouble and I would greatly appreciate it"

I do think it's a terrible thing to use disability (genuine or not as an excuse for your failings as a human being.

Funny how his son can't read, but he can click on Make Offer, then figure out a reasonable (25% in this case) discount off the price of a book is, and manage to hit the submit button....his son's reading is obviously better than the guy's lie-inventing...tool.

That is a class act, 5 star human being.

Do not accept responsibility for this tool when you cancel the transaction, mark it down as "buyer changed his mind".

dragonjab

Went back and forth negotiating over a book. I said "make it $200, and you have yourself a deal!"

They made an offer for $200.

I accepted.

Two hours later:

Hi, unfortunately I no longer need item. Instead of returning item could you please cancel transaction. eBay will not charge you any fees if you send me the cancellation link/message. I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you so much.

Then, later in the day:

Hi, sent you request for cancellation. I see your auction has two week refund policy but wanted to avoid the hassle of returning item. Thx, I appreciate it.

I did not reply to either message. Notice the subtle, implied threat: "if you make me pay for the item, and you send the item, I will return it, and you will be out the postage, too."

Today, received payment. I refunded, Paypal takes 30 cent non-negotiable transaction fee, and eBay takes the 30 listing fee, and refuses to protect me from either negative feedback or being stolen from.

The corruptness of eBay never, ever ceases to amaze me.

I recommend blocking dragonjab

Why didn't you just cancel to begin with and move on? What point did you end up proving there?

That people should honor their commitments...?

I know, crazy!

I didn't cancel because the buyer made a commitment to buy the item, and he/she was asking to be let out of that commitment with no cost. I wasn't about to do that, and would have filed a NPB case if it came to that.

It did not.

lol Have fun jousting your windmills

I do, and will. And if Dragonjab loses the opportunity to buy from a few people because of his/her game-playing...maybe he/she will think about it before doing it to someone else. That's obviously a very large "maybe", but who knows? You think that's "jousting a windmill"..? Sure, no problem. Knock yourself out.

What's your eBay user id?

rego49mario

As noted in this thread over here:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9319797&gonew=1#UNREAD

...buyer has been buying items on eBay, promising to pay for weeks, then backing out, using....literally....the same exact words to other sellers:

"Here. You been waiting along time for me to pay you, but yesterday I got laid off. Work here in Alberta slowed right down. Major economic times. I am just having the worst luck of my life. Have to move in with my parents to make ends meet. So please understand comics are not a priority for me right now. I feel really awful. But if I can get more work later, I have your store saved for future purchases. You been so good to me. So please cancel, and I shall accept. I am sure another great person will have it, just not me! I feel like *spoon*.

3rd time here in Alberta for me in 35 years. I really wanted your book, but I got to eat. No way of paying visa, even if it comes. I am sure you will sell it soon. Thank you. I just don't have a way of paying you. Thank you for waiting. I was optimistic, but lesson learned in many ways with these banks, PayPal, etc. "

Did not reply to 3 of these types of messages, just opened an NPB claim.

Got this

Opened a case against me? You can cancel it. I can't pay it. I have no job now.

I will come back later when I can find another job. Even the 100,000 Americans we have here working are losing their jobs again. They came here after recession a few years ago in America. Crime is up 30%. Things are bad. I just had bad luck all around honestly. Promise I will be back to your store later. Right now I wish I could buy that teen titans. But I can't. Things are sour.

Mario

My response:

I'm sorry to hear about your circumstances, but after a couple of weeks of promises, you didn't pay for the book. I understand that things happen, but no one forced you to make the offer in the first place. While I've been very patiently waiting for you to pay, amid your promises to pay, this book could have been listed and sold to someone else. If you didn't have the money to pay for the book, you shouldn't have sent the offer.

Speaking this way to you may offend you, but I hope it does not. It's nothing personal, but now it will cost me an additional listing fee, and time that I can't get back. I appreciate that you say you will "buy more later", but if you can't fulfill your obligations now, what makes me interested in taking another chance with you in the future? Words don't have any meaning; only actions do.

So, no, I'm not just going to cancel the transaction. Does that sound fair to you, if you were the seller? You don't have to pay, and in a few days, the case will close, I'll get my Final Value Fees back, and that will be that.

Best of luck to you in the future, really.

And, of course, when confronted, out come the claws, the truth...as always:

You have no clue. I bought that book and it went through. Than shortly after I had a bad situation with bank etc. Now I lost my job. Everybody only cares about one thing, and you know what that is. I purchased it. Than most 1/3 of items came back unpaid. You make it sound like its my fault. Remember how you are treating your buyer right now after what I told you. Heartless. You know, don't worry if I ever get working in Engineering here again, I won't be back to your store. No worries.

My response:

Also, Mario, I see that you've said the exact same thing to other sellers recently, and over longer spans of time. Let's get honest, now, if not with me, at least with yourself. Why are you really "buying" all these items, then telling everyone how horrible your life is, but then "buying" other items?

If you go here:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9321529#Post9321529

You can see the discussion from others.

It's a clean link, to the CGC board. Are you a member?

\

Response:

I been a buyer with eBay for years and first time for everything. I had a stroke of bad luck. I bought the book and went through. Not my fault the bank had issues. It costed me $840 for all the attempts made by PayPal to get paid. You have no right exchanging information about me. That is breaking the law. Grounds for a major law suit. But you know what, I got enough going in my life. I will let this childish behaviour go. For one $450 deal. My gosh. Don't worry, won't be in your store again when I get back on my feet.

My response:

Oh, I think I have SOME clue. You won't believe this, but it IS your fault. No one held a gun to your head, Mario, to "purchase" these things....and then you send the exact same excuse to others? You "lose your job", but you don't have enough saved to honor your commitments? You string sellers along for weeks, and then finally tell them you're not going to pay?

Come on, Mario, we're both adults here. There are other sellers to pull the wool over on.

As for not coming back: you didn't come in the first place, Mario. You didn't honor your commitment. You didn't pay for something you committed to pay for. Why on EARTH would I want to risk that again? I treat my BUYERS with the utmost courtesy and respect. You are NOT a buyer. You didn't BUY anything. You are a window-shopper.

Seriously, good luck in your future endeavors.

Response:

Wow! This I got to call to eBay. The harassment now? Really. Records of all your conversations. Wool over your head, window shopper? Wow, wow, wow.

and

You know I wanted that book. Everyone else is sympathetic. Canceled, done. Those I will deal with again. Good bye. I have called eBay to handle these. I am a great client. Bought books for tens of thousands before. You really think I asked for this? Really.

My response:

When and if you get around to actually paying for the book, I would be happy to ship it to you, and then I will consider that what you've said is true. Until then, words are meaningless chatter.

And

By all means, Mario, feel free to do whatever you feel is necessary. But please do move on. Good luck.

Response:

I ain't done with you. You inconsiderate human being.

My response:

Harassment? Who is harassing whom? I happily stand by everything I've said, and everything you've said is being posted at the CGC board.

Feel free to take it up there, see if anyone will sympathize with you.

Final response (for now)

Let me get a job again in future, which are hard to come by right now and I will buy that book. Guarantee it will still be here in 6 months. Ok. End of this childish he said who said bull. Leave me alone.

Yes, I know, I KNOW, I probably shouldn't be getting into these back and forths with these people on eBay....but if no one EVER stands up to people doing these things, and gives some pushback, what happens....? The same thing, over and over again, to countless sellers, doing harm to both those sellers AND Mario.

And he DOES look like he has great feedback....he's even done business with Pastaroni...but he's playing a game, at some level, regardless of how true the things he's claiming are or not.

Still...it should make for an interesting read on a Sunday morning.

:D

rego49mario

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9319797&gonew=1#UNREAD

...buyer has been buying items on eBay, promising to pay for weeks, then backing out, using....literally....the same exact words to other sellers:

"Here. You been waiting along time for me to pay you, but yesterday I got laid off. Work here in Alberta slowed right down. Major economic times. I am just having the worst luck of my life. Have to move in with my parents to make ends meet. So please understand comics are not a priority for me right now. I feel really awful. But if I can get more work later, I have your store saved for future purchases. You been so good to me. So please cancel, and I shall accept. I am sure another great person will have it, just not me! I feel like *spoon*.

3rd time here in Alberta for me in 35 years. I really wanted your book, but I got to eat. No way of paying visa, even if it comes. I am sure you will sell it soon. Thank you. I just don't have a way of paying you. Thank you for waiting. I was optimistic, but lesson learned in many ways with these banks, PayPal, etc. "

Got this

I will come back later when I can find another job. Even the 100,000 Americans we have here working are losing their jobs again. They came here after recession a few years ago in America. Crime is up 30%. Things are bad. I just had bad luck all around honestly. Promise I will be back to your store later. Right now I wish I could buy that teen titans. But I can't. Things are sour.

Mario

My response:

I'm sorry to hear about your circumstances, but after a couple of weeks of promises, you didn't pay for the book. I understand that things happen, but no one forced you to make the offer in the first place. While I've been very patiently waiting for you to pay, amid your promises to pay, this book could have been listed and sold to someone else. If you didn't have the money to pay for the book, you shouldn't have sent the offer.

Speaking this way to you may offend you, but I hope it does not. It's nothing personal, but now it will cost me an additional listing fee, and time that I can't get back. I appreciate that you say you will "buy more later", but if you can't fulfill your obligations now, what makes me interested in taking another chance with you in the future? Words don't have any meaning; only actions do.

So, no, I'm not just going to cancel the transaction. Does that sound fair to you, if you were the seller? You don't have to pay, and in a few days, the case will close, I'll get my Final Value Fees back, and that will be that.

You have no clue. I bought that book and it went through. Than shortly after I had a bad situation with bank etc. Now I lost my job. Everybody only cares about one thing, and you know what that is. I purchased it. Than most 1/3 of items came back unpaid. You make it sound like its my fault. Remember how you are treating your buyer right now after what I told you. Heartless. You know, don't worry if I ever get working in Engineering here again, I won't be back to your store. No worries.

My response:

Also, Mario, I see that you've said the exact same thing to other sellers recently, and over longer spans of time. Let's get honest, now, if not with me, at least with yourself. Why are you really "buying" all these items, then telling everyone how horrible your life is, but then "buying" other items?

If you go here:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9321529#Post9321529

\

Response:

I been a buyer with eBay for years and first time for everything. I had a stroke of bad luck. I bought the book and went through. Not my fault the bank had issues. It costed me $840 for all the attempts made by PayPal to get paid. You have no right exchanging information about me. That is breaking the law. Grounds for a major law suit. But you know what, I got enough going in my life. I will let this childish behaviour go. For one $450 deal. My gosh. Don't worry, won't be in your store again when I get back on my feet.

My response:

Oh, I think I have SOME clue. You won't believe this, but it IS your fault. No one held a gun to your head, Mario, to "purchase" these things....and then you send the exact same excuse to others? You "lose your job", but you don't have enough saved to honor your commitments? You string sellers along for weeks, and then finally tell them you're not going to pay?

Come on, Mario, we're both adults here. There are other sellers to pull the wool over on.

As for not coming back: you didn't come in the first place, Mario. You didn't honor your commitment. You didn't pay for something you committed to pay for. Why on EARTH would I want to risk that again? I treat my BUYERS with the utmost courtesy and respect. You are NOT a buyer. You didn't BUY anything. You are a window-shopper.

Response:

Wow! This I got to call to eBay. The harassment now? Really. Records of all your conversations. Wool over your head, window shopper? Wow, wow, wow.

and

You know I wanted that book. Everyone else is sympathetic. Canceled, done. Those I will deal with again. Good bye. I have called eBay to handle these. I am a great client. Bought books for tens of thousands before. You really think I asked for this? Really.

My response:

When and if you get around to actually paying for the book, I would be happy to ship it to you, and then I will consider that what you've said is true. Until then, words are meaningless chatter.

And

By all means, Mario, feel free to do whatever you feel is necessary. But please do move on. Good luck.

Response:

My response:

Harassment? Who is harassing whom? I happily stand by everything I've said, and everything you've said is being posted at the CGC board.

Final response (for now)

Let me get a job again in future, which are hard to come by right now and I will buy that book. Guarantee it will still be here in 6 months. Ok. End of this childish he said who said bull. Leave me alone.

Yes, I know, I KNOW, I probably shouldn't be getting into these back and forths with these people on eBay....but if no one EVER stands up to people doing these things, and gives some pushback, what happens....? The same thing, over and over again, to countless sellers, doing harm to both those sellers AND Mario.

And he DOES look like he has great feedback....he's even done business with Pastaroni...but he's playing a game, at some level, regardless of how true the things he's claiming are or not.

Still...if should make for an interesting read on a Sunday morning.

Question: If he pays for the book and leaves negative feedback for lets say "poor customer service" which is an opinion are you going to be mad? I'm not saying you provided poor customer service in any form. I'm just asking as he can hammer your reputation by leaving a negative and it is an opinion on your customer service so eBay isn't going to remove it.

rego49mario

Got this

Mario

My response:

My response:

If you go here:

\

Response:

My response:

Response:

and

My response:

And

Response:

My response:

Final response (for now)

I for one thank you for standing up to this jackanape. I have recently been let go because of the economic downturn, AFTER I made some very expensive plans that I am very committed to, and I've made promises to people that I will keep, regardless of how hard the struggle may turn into. Pieces of filth like this need to be put in their place. Mario, if you can't commit to a comic book, you can't commit to much in life. You know what? Things are tough, maybe instead of just sitting on EI, get a supplemental menial job in the meantime to get a bit ahead. Nothing is beneath anyone who is willing to make commitments. Using this as an excuse is low. It's pathetic

rego49mario

Got this

Mario

My response:

My response:

If you go here:

\

Response:

My response:

Response:

and

My response:

And

Response:

My response:

Final response (for now)

Question: If he pays for the book and leaves negative feedback for lets say "poor customer service" which is an opinion are you going to be mad? I'm not saying you provided poor customer service in any form. I'm just asking as he can hammer your reputation by leaving a negative and it is an opinion on your customer service so eBay isn't going to remove it.

Why would I be mad? I'll just have CAK and Kav dial up eBay for me, and get the neg removed.

;)