• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,155 posts in this topic

what this place reminds me of....

nuts_zps2cijvfiz.jpg

Front Row:

A---, M-------, J-----------

Back Row:

R--, slym2none, H----------, G-----

I'm flattered you think I am that large!

:D

-slym

No kidding. No way I'd be paying over 1K for that. Tear the front cover off and start over.

One thing I've never understood about SS books is how they are graded. If the book is say (for the sake of argument) a 9.8 before the signature, does it stay 9.8 if the signature is SS (authenticated) but drops in grade if it was signed without authenticity?

No kidding. No way I'd be paying over 1K for that. Tear the front cover off and start over.

One thing I've never understood about SS books is how they are graded. If the book is say (for the sake of argument) a 9.8 before the signature, does it stay 9.8 if the signature is SS (authenticated) but drops in grade if it was signed without authenticity?

I think a non-verified signature on a book that was a 9.8 would still be a 9.8, but with a qualified green label. Is that correct?

I think a non-verified signature on a book that was a 9.8 would still be a 9.8, but with a qualified green label. Is that correct?

I believe that's the way it works. I have a book that has 27 sigs on it that was a special edition of 50 from the publisher, it was graded as a 9.6 and given a green label. As far as I could tell the sigs did not affect the grade

The sig series label is another qualified label. The signatures are verified, thus they aren't simply writing on the cover. The book is a 9.8, for example, without the signatures and the signatures are certified as witnessed giving it a yellow label instead of green.

Both the green and yellow are types of qualfications.

The sig series label is another qualified label. The signatures are verified, thus they aren't simply writing on the cover. The book is a 9.8, for example, without the signatures and the signatures are certified as witnessed giving it a yellow label instead of green.

Both the green and yellow are types of qualfications.

yMaGo.gif

-slym

I vote for straight to HOS and call it a day, after a gratuitous amount of memes.

I vote for straight to HOS and call it a day, after a gratuitous amount of memes.

Got no problem with a straight to HOS. Probably just easier to ask to the mods to erase them entirely.

Got no problem with a straight to HOS. Probably just easier to ask to the mods to erase them entirely.

That's a flat out fraudulent picture on the #1.

+1