• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bugs Bunny / Looney Tunes first appearances help
4 4

1,066 posts in this topic

Today, April 30th is 'National Bugs Bunny Day", observed annually. It's not that many Pop Icon characters bestowed with such an honor. To one of the Greatest of All Times, Happy Bugs Bunny Day all. Here is a photo circa 1940's featuring Bugs and the man who gave him 'Life' the late great Mel Blanc.

mel-blanc-carrot_zpsjsxq6key.jpg

Back from page 9!

d38a3cc6-1162-4c62-a27b-891fb83ae35a_zpskhkjftgu.jpg

Don't care how "lucky" they are, no one is eating those peppermint sticks after Porky's been sitting on them. :sick:

+1

:bump:

Silver Age, but i did think like the Duck thread, all ages for this particular thread should be welcome. Love this cover, ALWAYS on the hunt for an upgrade. (hint hint). The King looks a lot like Fred Flinstone....

Bugs%20Bunny%2093_zpspmechs0d.jpg

I love those Dell New Year covers! Nice one Marty.

Thanks!...BUGS had a TV years before we did.

<a  href=https://c5.staticflickr.com/8/7370/9218561564_1ce04a95b7_z.jpg' alt='9218561564_1ce04a95b7_z.jpg'>IMG LOONEY TUNES & MERRIE ME LODIES # 82

mm

Back from page 9!

d38a3cc6-1162-4c62-a27b-891fb83ae35a_zpskhkjftgu.jpg

Don't care how "lucky" they are, no one is eating those peppermint sticks after Porky's been sitting on them. :sick:

+1

Now none of that silly prejudice against pigs. (tsk)

They are wonderfully clean animals! :D

One of my favorites!

:applause: I've always thought this one deserved classic cover status, the character renderings are spot on for the period and the overall image Is iconic. I was browsing Metro the other night, and saw VF copy in their inventory. Took literally three minutes tops to check the next two pages really fast, went back to the page the book was on to put it in my cart and 'poof' gone! Hope it was a Boardie.

Thanks for posting in the tread Marty. I have loved these characters for most of my 40 something years on this Earth. Nice to see the enthusiasm for these true icons shared. (thumbs u

:applause::applause: Marty, i luv ya dude! This is the most action this Thread has seen (outside of my posts :blush: , and Sqeegs' contribution)in a long time. What a sport! Cool Tunnel of Love cover. I think RM did a sub set on these a little while back? hm Too bad Lola wasn't around then. It would save Bugs the black eye. That sly Porky!