• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

is this a genuine Jack Kirby signature?
1 1

17 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm pretty sure that is a legit signature. I have a copy of

Captain Victory #3 that I personally had Jack sign at a Comic

book store here in Las Vegas when it was released and your

Signature looks spot on.

Congrats!

I bought this raw Astonishing Tales 1 off ebay recently with no COA. Can anyone confirm that this looks like a genuine Jack Kirby signature? Thanks in advance.

IMG_0542_zpsrett2xoi.jpg

IMG_0541_zpsf6bcl3lb.jpg

Most of the Kirby sigs I have seen were located on the first page, under the indicia.It looks legit, but you'd have to have pay a handwriting anaylist to compare it with Kirby's verified signature examples , and run a spectrum analysis(or whatever sortsa machine they use) to make sure.

Costs $40 or $45 to have one signature verified.Tt could be more, can't remember offhand... plus the cost of grading fees.I can't imagine you would get hammered on grading fees for a 7.5-ish Astonishing Tales #1 as it is probably worth about $50 in Overstreet, tops.

It would be a cool signature to get verified though and it sounds like you got a good deal on the book, to begin with.

hm, It's looks OK, but I do see a couple things about the sig that I havent seen on others (I.E. that hook in the "K" and the "R" in Kirby looks off too, but I could be wrong. As said earlier, the only way to be sure is paying a handwriting analyst to verify the sig. - Just my 2c

But either way good luck. :)

My two cents: the signature looks legit to me - though the book has probably been trimmed, so it's hard to tell with the end of the "J" in Jack. 

Though more importantly, that eBay auction where you got this image from seems sketchy/weird - I would stay away from it. 

On 12/18/2017 at 4:04 AM, Philreal said:

This one looks a little different to me, but many factors could account for that I suppose. Any thoughts if legit?

s-l1600.jpg

I haven't looked at the auction, and I'm certainly no expert, but I think it looks like it has a lot of extra curly/curvy lines in spots than other Kirby sigs I've seen. You are right, however, that there are many legit factors that could account for this.

7 minutes ago, sorb3t said:

I haven't looked at the auction, and I'm certainly no expert, but I think it looks like it has a lot of extra curly/curvy lines in spots than other Kirby sigs I've seen. You are right, however, that there are many legit factors that could account for this.

The book's been sold. Here's the one I have trying to compare and where I see some slight differences?

2550451_DetailsThumb_Rev.jpg?t=MTEvMTQvMjAxNyA4OjE0OjIyIFBN

Edited by Philreal

On 4/30/2016 at 5:29 PM, woregul said:

I bought this raw Astonishing Tales 1 off ebay recently with no COA. Can anyone confirm that this looks like a genuine Jack Kirby signature? Thanks in advance.

Reposting the pics. I still have not sent this in anywhere to validate the signature. Will post if I ever do that to confirm if it was validated or not.

IMG_0542.thumb.JPG.01714969cf3868aa1a0ca10e8f3ceba1.JPG

IMG_0541.thumb.JPG.936f989d873ae29b9329d0da696b639d.JPG

6 hours ago, woregul said:

Reposting the pics. I still have not sent this in anywhere to validate the signature. Will post if I ever do that to confirm if it was validated or not.

IMG_0542.thumb.JPG.01714969cf3868aa1a0ca10e8f3ceba1.JPG

IMG_0541.thumb.JPG.936f989d873ae29b9329d0da696b639d.JPG

Looks good to me