• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ace Comics featuring Four Favorites, Super Mystery, and Our Flag
6 6

893 posts in this topic

Man, those look great! Never saw that first Super-Mystery before; that's a real classic.

Jim Mooney did some nice work on these title covers. Some pedigrees sprinkled in. jb

great show JB. I don't have a SMC #1 (yet), and the one C'Link recently auctioned off just was not "my kind of copy". One day..

Picked this up at Big Apple Con NYC today from Metro, along with a few other books. Not one of the scarcer/rarer issues, but a great underwater cover and crisp copy!

Super-Mystery%20Comics%20v5%204_zpsdigwyitp.jpg

Great book. How was the show?

Picked this up at Big Apple Con NYC today from Metro, along with a few other books. Not one of the scarcer/rarer issues, but a great underwater cover and crisp copy!

Great book. How was the show?

Hey there sir! It was nice, though I didn't stay very long, this week I had some very grueling work hours. Nice crowd, very old school vibe. Didn't break the bank, but got some low and migrade deals plus the pictured book. With the auction houses offering so much great material my show visits are mostly to submit books to be graded and/ or just to be amongst the "family" lol . I look mostly for bargains at these.

Great pickup

Edited by comicjack

:bump:

Here is Four Favorites #32 (last issue of the series) which featured Super heroes and Hitler on the cover of it's first issue. My had the heroes had fallen out of favor by this one. The issue was followed by 'Crime Must Pay The Penalty #33(#1), and a one-shot Four Teeners #34.

No, that's not Betty and Veronica on the cover :D , though the Betty here is spelled 'Bette' which could be pronounced 'Bet' like 'Midler' or 'Betty' like 'Davis'. Given the time period, i'm going with the latter.

Lots of GGA for Mr. Lady Luck outside and in. :foryou:

Four%20Favorites%2032_zpse6fxiamb.jpg

Here is Four Favorites #32 (last issue of the series) which featured Super heroes and Hitler on the cover of it's first issue. My had the heroes had fallen out of favor by this one. The issue was followed by 'Crime Must Pay The Penalty #33(#1), and a one-shot Four Teeners #34.

No, that's not Betty and Veronica on the cover :D , though the Betty here is spelled 'Bette' which could be pronounced 'Bet' like 'Midler' or 'Betty' like 'Davis'. Given the time period, i'm going with the latter.

Nice one Corey. I don't think I have ever seen that one before. I really like the later Hap Hazards as well.

comhaphazzard22_zpsmaektxqi.jpg

comhaphazzard17_zpsbcznqgfu.jpg

comhaphazzard14_zpsrecyurwx.jpg

Nice one Corey. I don't think I have ever seen that one before. I really like the later Hap Hazards as well.

comhaphazzard22_zpsmaektxqi.jpg

comhaphazzard17_zpsbcznqgfu.jpg

comhaphazzard14_zpsrecyurwx.jpg

Thanks RM! Love Haps too, the #14 is classic, but your #22 ain't so bad either.