• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 50 Year Junk Obsession
9 9

4,504 posts in this topic

I made a request....

Keep yer shorts on. I don't have a photo yet... and I'm no where near my junk pile at the moment.

Shorts are off! :sumo:

I was not sure if you saw in your'postathon,just being me...

I made a request....

Keep yer shorts on. I don't have a photo yet... and I'm no where near my junk pile at the moment.

Jimmers, that's something I don't want burned into my brain so here's what it looks like

Terry_Toons_Comics%2035_zpsaorrv7uw.jpg

I made a request....

Jimmers, that's something I don't want burned into my brain so here's what it looks like

Terry_Toons_Comics%2035_zpsaorrv7uw.jpg

I love it so much!

Figured i'm going to fill in for RM and guest host his Thread for this post (hey, Carson had his Leno) :sumo:

Anyway, thought about posting this in my Journal or the 'Looney Tunes Thread', but thought it belonged her among one of the greatest Ephemera collections on virtual display. I missed Easter, but with today being the last day of Passover AND 'National Bugs Bunny Day' (observed annually April 30th) i thought double whammy!

This is a Post card from the 40's produced by Affiches Marci in Brussels. They have been producing vintage posters since 1830. I'm no military expert, but it's representing 'The 78th Lightning Infantry Division. It features Bugs toting an Easter Egg "somewhere in Germany". Somebody should've let the Axis know whatever's in that egg, if it's true to LT&MM fashion, the wars about to be over!

On the back, Is a hand written Happy Easter message from the Soldie(r?) to his loved ones. It's postmaked March of 1945. Obviously, this piece of history is one of the center pieces of my collection.

img001_zpsyjwytmpo.jpg

img002_zpsn9ucma8c.jpg

This is the kind of great item I have never seen before but instantly knew was a treasure. Comic books are great and will always be the heart of our hobby, but related ephemera like this are extremely rare and just as exciting to me. Congratulations on a great find! I might add that I feel this piece is even cooler because it was used and contains a message home from a soldier just as the war was ending in Germany.

This is the kind of great item I have never seen before but instantly knew was a treasure. Comic books are great and will always be the heart of our hobby, but related ephemera like this are extremely rare and just as exciting to me. Congratulations on a great find! I might add that I feel this piece is even cooler because it was used and contains a message home from a soldier just as the war was ending in Germany.
:hi: Rich! I knew a collector with your scope of historic collectibles knowledge and acquisitions would appreciate this. It even makes it more sweet when one with your credentials says those word every collector would like to hear from such a collector "I have never seen (one)." :D:whee:

Yes the messege on the back is indeed the cherry on top! Thanks for the comments buddy! Hope you had a great Bugs Bunny Day. ;)(thumbs u

Corey, you can fill in for me anytime you want if you are going to post cool stuff like that! I've seen a few of those but never a Bugs. I wonder if he was ever used as a mascott for a bomber crew?

Thanks RM, i knew you'd appreciate it too as you and Richard are two of the Titans on the Boards for ephemera collectibles among other things. :acclaim:

I have seen military related Bugs Bunny Mascot pieces (mostly Bomber jacket patches) on eBay, Bugs was a popular character with the military in the 40's (The Marine Corp made him an honorary Marine Master Sergeant). I have never bid on any, because i can't tell a 'Real' (made in the 40's) from a fake (new item sold as authentic WWII clothing piece).