• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It would be Criminal not to show your CRIME comics!
20 20

2,426 posts in this topic

Wow, who would sell the Church copy of that? I'd almost rather sell a kidney.

He got it (Church copy CDNP 42) from a Heritage auction, I believe.

WonderCon in a few days, see you there pal! :)

A newly arrived trio on display - I think I'm becoming addicted to these crime books... :insane:

3434788a-9e88-4ab3-8186-824585e59132_zpsl7hr1dex.jpg

Good pickup!

The Secret Mysteries is an excellent read, the Fight Against Crime also very good.

I picked up a low grade FaC 15 last year and when I was organizing my purchases at the end of the year I couldn't find it. But I did at least read it. An above average crime read as I recall.

Story Comics was a no-holds-barred publisher for graphic crime and horror. FaC #6 is the best, or one of the best readers of the run.

Pretty much the whole run is great. Maybe because of all the gory horror content. I will have to pull out my #6 and check it out. As I remember, the later one got a little more grusome.

Some great covers in the run. We all know about #20 but here are a few more

comfightagainstcrime19_zpssqikzg1y.jpg

comfightagainstcrime8_zpsgq5sxhy6.jpg

comfightagainstcrime16_zpsbvnkgorc.jpg

comfightagainstcrime12_zpscdb8ohrs.jpg

The story in Exposed was clearly swiped from CDNP which used the killer's real name, and may have embellished the whole 'laughing killer" aspect of the story. I suppose it's all fair, as I have little doubt BIro had stacks of true detective style magazines that he pillaged regularly.

Story Comics was a no-holds-barred publisher for graphic crime and horror. FaC #6 is the best, or one of the best readers of the run.

Pretty much the whole run is great. Maybe because of all the gory horror content. I will have to pull out my #6 and check it out. As I remember, the later one got a little more grusome.

Some great covers in the run. We all know about #20 but here are a few more

comfightagainstcrime19_zpssqikzg1y.jpg

comfightagainstcrime8_zpsgq5sxhy6.jpg

comfightagainstcrime16_zpsbvnkgorc.jpg

comfightagainstcrime12_zpscdb8ohrs.jpg

So brutal yes that is an incredible run!