• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman: Knightfall Multiple Printing Club
3 3

72 posts in this topic

I have these, read and enjoyed, issues I got from Toys R Us in '94/95. Ain't nothing like the good 'ol days!

P1020012_zpsdfo1oiwr.jpg

Detective #659 3nd print, Batman #493 2nd and Detective #664 2nd.

I really like the cover to Batman #493, the dark magenta background makes this one stand out.

Here is a list I have so far...

Batman

#489 2nd

#490 2nd

#491 2nd, 3rd

#492 2nd, 3rd, Silver/Platinum Edition

#493 2nd

#497 2nd, 3rd (both come with and without black overlay)

#500 2nd, Delux Edition

Detective

#658 2nd

#659 2nd, 3rd

#660 2nd, 3rd

#664, 2nd

Vengeance of Bane 2nd, 3rd

Picked this up at my LCS a couple of months ago for about $6. Couldn't believe it! The 3rd print is right on top, and looks sharp. I'd considered opening it up to see if the 3rd was nice enough to slab, but I have to say that I kinda like it as is. I really dig the purple and orange deco with the bats, very Halloweeny!

2empo2b.jpg

Picked this up at my LCS a couple of months ago for about $6. Couldn't believe it! The 3rd print is right on top, and looks sharp. I'd considered opening it up to see if the 3rd was nice enough to slab, but I have to say that I kinda like it as is. I really dig the purple and orange deco with the bats, very Halloweeny!

2empo2b.jpg

I remember seeing these at Meijer 20 years ago. I'm REALLY surprised that it's still sealed !

That is really cool, I think it looks really good as is! $6?! Lucky!

I know! I couldn't believe it. They had some other multipacks, mostly image stuff like "Shadowhawk". I'm assuming they bought a collection of them, and had assumed that they were all pretty much worthless, as they were all priced the same. I was happy to pick this one up!

And yeah, I think I'm going to leave it as is. The 3rd print is relatively tough in nice shape, but I haven't seen one of these sealed packs in a long, long time, so I think I'll just leave it.

Is there anyway to tell how many Batman 497 CGC 9.8 copies exist that are Newsstand - without the black outer cover? Like this copy - but in 9.8 - I want one :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121885778433?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

That would be nice. I passed on a 2nd or 3rd print in 9.8 about a year and a half ago, without the black overlay, it went real cheap and I've been kicking myself ever since.

I'm also wondering now what would be the equivalent of the Man of Steel #18 fifth print in this set. Maybe Batman #492 3rd? hm

2 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

So is there anyway to tell the Bat 497 prints without opening the overlay to tell?

Newsstands are easy to pick and I know some overlays are missing on 2nd and 3rds, but what about the ones that aren't? You have to open up the overlay to look?

This is on page one of this thread. (thumbsu

On 4/24/2016 at 5:01 PM, Bill1 said:

2nd print

Batman%20497%2041%207.jpg

1st Print

Batman%20497%2041%206.jpg

3rd print

Batman%20497%2041%208.jpg

15 hours ago, Brando- said:

No problem! I wonder which are more difficult to find, the 2nd and 3rd printings with or without the overly. 

Certainly not a scientific measurement, but my personal experience is the 2nds and 3rds WITH overlay are less common. I have several of the non-overlay 2nds and 3rds, but maybe only 1 or 2 each with. I don't see any of them much anymore in my dollar box days, but I pick them up in nice shape whenever I run across them.