• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HALO grading?

62 posts in this topic

I seriously thought it was a video game grading company (shrug)

Dat original label tho :sick: The new one is better, but if I were them, I'd try and make a new type of label. One that doesn't scream CGC knock-off, but still presentable.

I love how they are bragging that they now have 1st appearances, writer & artist info lol

And it's $50 get a book graded, no matter what era it belongs in, no matter the value?

Jerome

Edited by Lethal_Collector

New kid on the block? (shrug)

HALO

I'm no NKOTB expert, but I think the original members were Donnie, Jordan, Joey Jonathan , Danny & Mark, no HALO.

HALO

I'm no NKOTB expert, but I think the original members were Donnie, Jordan, Joey Jonathan , Danny & Mark, no HALO.

Funny, you DO sound like a NKOTB expert. hm

Just because I have "You Got It" tattooed on one buttcheek & "The Right Stuff" on the other doesn't make me an expert.

HALO

Just because I have "You Got It" tattooed on one buttcheek & "The Right Stuff" on the other doesn't make me an expert.

:o

Having seen some online in OZ, their grading is loose, and the companies owner sells his own slabbed books himself.

I would be very wary on buying a HALO slab tbh.

Having seen some online in OZ, their grading is loose, and the companies owner sells his own slabbed books himself.

Very interesting. Beige are you able to expand on this as there are similar allegations circling around HALO CERTIFICATION LLP United States.

There was a FB thread this morning about this, alleging a conflict of interest, but it got pulled before anything further came out, because the person allegedly in charge of the US operations began calling everyone a liar, loser or worse.

HALO

Doesn't help

Very interesting. Beige are you able to expand on this as there are similar allegations circling around HALO CERTIFICATION LLP United States.

There was a FB thread this morning about this, alleging a conflict of interest, but it got pulled before anything further came out, because the person allegedly in charge of the US operations began calling everyone a liar, loser or worse.

These fliers are two years old. I have been told that Grant had sold the business - but from the website it seems he is still involved:

Halo1426x600_zps8fcc9e60.jpg

Halo2935x1238_zpsbb8afc44.jpg

Halo3886x1232_zps839fb61b.jpg

There's an address on the last flier:

462 Ipswich Rd

And around the corner . . .

Funnily enough

So some guy working out of his garage in Australia with only a couple Koala bears as assistants can make a case free of newton rings and pressure waves????

Maybe CGC can fly one of the Koala bears over to assist with their new case.

So some guy working out of his garage in Australia with only a couple Koala bears as assistants can make a case free of newton rings and pressure waves????

It's not koala bears. doh! get your facts straight. It's dingoes.

...and the kangaroo test for SCS.

Sending my books to Australia, no I don't think so. That case is fugly. What's up with the black widow on the label?

that's Australian for beer. or something. Can't remember. Had too many black widows last night.

It's a red back spider. Unique to Australia.

Not "Koala bear" just "Koala".

Australians are just a big joke to the rest of the world. lol

Edited by The-Collector

Sending my books to Australia, no I don't think so. That case is fugly. What's up with the black widow on the label?

that's Australian for beer. or something. Can't remember. Had too many black widows last night.

Australian's are just a big joke to the rest of the world. lol

What bits are a big joke? Or just everything. Good to Know.

Forgive that misplaced apostrophe.

No offence meant. I am also Australian. The Simpsons episode lampooning Australia is a good example of what I mean. I think it is very Australian to be self-deprecating.

Edited by The-Collector

No offence meant. I am also Australian. The Simpsons episode lampooning Australia is a good example of what I mean. I think it is very Australian to be self-deprecating.

It's okay. You can poke fun at Americans, or better yet, Canadians. It's all good :grin:

See OS 45 pg 97 for a market report from Halo

You should all be reassured that they are affiliated with Silveracre in the UK (who are described as "prompt and trustworthy")

It's okay. You can poke fun at Americans, or better yet, Canadians. It's all good :grin:

hm