• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ALL I DO IS WIN! Post your eBay wins here
9 9

1,051 posts in this topic

Manual sniping is where it's at.

With one minute left, you enter your max amount.

With three seconds left, you hit confirm

Your bid will post just as time expires without anyone having a chance to respond.

Unless their max was higher than your offer. Then you don't have a chance to respond.

I don't know-- if I want something, I used a sniping program where I would determine what the most I was willing to pay for an item and put that number in. If it went past that-- it wasn't meant to be. The program puts the bid in with 7 seconds left if the current bid isn't already over the amount (which happened quite often).

It can be fun sometimes to monitor an auction and do the manual thing. But having that snipe bid in place can be very useful.

I don't know-- if I want something, I used a sniping program where I would determine what the most I was willing to pay for an item and put that number in. If it went past that-- it wasn't meant to be. The program puts the bid in with 7 seconds left if the current bid isn't already over the amount (which happened quite often).

It can be fun sometimes to monitor an auction and do the manual thing. But having that snipe bid in place can be very useful.

Hmm, can you post up a linky to the sniping program that you use?

Manual sniping is where it's at.

With one minute left, you enter your max amount.

With three seconds left, you hit confirm

Your bid will post just as time expires without anyone having a chance to respond.

Unless their max was higher than your offer. Then you don't have a chance to respond.

You don't see the wisdom in that?

You save yourself from yourself by doing it that way.

You put in the max you are willing to pay with three seconds left, and if you don't win it, it's because someone was willing to pay more than your max.

If I allow myself time to respond(by bidding early), I might get caught up in a bidding war, and pay more than I wanted to in the heat of the moment.(Losing my good judgement, and overpaying)

I can share a working technique, but Ill have to kill ya after that..

I kid

There are no tricks.. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. I snipe. Like... All the time..

Wait for the last second, not a second earlier. I have a sniping tool but its not super reliable. So I always monitor my watchlist

sometimes a seller will change the shipping fees.. Sometimes hell change the whole dam listing :o

Just like Hector said.. DO NOT GET ATTACHED TO THE BOOK.. Theres always another one around the corner, sometimes youll have to wait a while, but it will be there

I was looking for a Huzzah #1 for months.. Someone listed it and I sniped and lost. I wanted to hang myself... Next WEEK someone else listed it for 30.00 BIN and I got it right away

You guessed it.. The previous auction ended 3 times the amount

I can share a working technique, but Ill have to kill ya after that..

I kid

There are no tricks.. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. I snipe. Like... All the time..

Wait for the last second, not a second earlier. I have a sniping tool but its not super reliable. So I always monitor my watchlist

sometimes a seller will change the shipping fees.. Sometimes hell change the whole dam listing :o

Just like Hector said.. DO NOT GET ATTACHED TO THE BOOK.. Theres always another one around the corner, sometimes youll have to wait a while, but it will be there

I was looking for a Huzzah #1 for months.. Someone listed it and I sniped and lost. I wanted to hang myself... Next WEEK someone else listed it for 30.00 BIN and I got it right away

You guessed it.. The previous auction ended 3 times the amount

The most import thing is to create a watch list for that particular item

Also note the items we are posting aren't super popular items

They are of value but no one is sniping a hulk 181 or AF15 books like that always have 100s of watchers. If you get lucky with those it's via buy it now

I guess one night when I have nothing to do and insomnia reigns I will set up a gazillion ebay searches.

Or I guess I could just do one or two at a time as they occur to me. That would probably add up pretty quickly. hm

Nah! :sumo: