• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WIZARD STOCK IN FREE FALL
1 1

375 posts in this topic

Is there anyone else doing a price guide news mag like wizard used to have? Seems like nobody exists in that market space.

Do you mean put out a magazine to hype the new book market by trying to set prices in the marketplace instead of reporting on prices?

Especially when they were caught with their pants down on several occasions with supposedly "hot books" on their Top 10 List guiding at double digit prices, when in fact they had not yet even been released due to publishing delays. doh!

And don't forget about the concert addition to WW shows. Yep, WW is claiming this is the first time a concert has been done in conjunction with a con. I know one smaller show that did this last year, it just wasn't with any headliners. You think comic cons are expensive to produce, you should look into doing a concert.

I actually thought the music show was a good idea. Apparently Wizard has been talking about it for a few years now. Music is probably the most popular form of pop-culture so if they're putting on a pop-culture show, which let's face it that's what these shows are, then music should be represented IMO.

From what I read, Grimes (I had no idea who she was but apparently she has quite a following in the EDM scene) is performing in Philly for Wizard this year.

There's also a live show being planned for WW Chicago. So for it consists of about 5 of us with John Dolmayan from System Of A Down playing drums and a supporting band made up of a few people. We plan on doing a dozen or so cover songs. Mostly heavy rock oriented.

Wait! What?!

Roy's rockin' it live at WW?

I predict a quick dose of Grecian Formula For Men, or it'll look like The Second Coming of Jerry Garcia up there, lol

Looking forward to the show this year, I've wrapped my vacation around WW Chicago this time around. My Beloved is coming along this time too, so mind your manners!

Wizard definitely appears to be cutting shows right and left:

Albuquerque was moved from 2015 to 2016, and has disappeared

Orlando also moved from 2015 to 2016, will it also vanish?

Madison is not on the 2017 schedule yet

Minneapolis is also not on 2017 schedule

I'd bet Des Moines doesn't get a 2017 date

good.

good.

Would work better with a grumpy cat meme.

good.

I'm sure it takes zero effort to find out how, but I have no idea how to embed a gif or create a meme.

good.

I'm sure it takes zero effort to find out how, but I have no idea how to embed a gif or create a meme.

4f301ac13d59c13389e2f4e540c10dd2.jpg

Is there anyone else doing a price guide news mag like wizard used to have? Seems like nobody exists in that market space.

Do you mean put out a magazine to hype the new book market by trying to set prices in the marketplace instead of reporting on prices?

Especially when they were caught with their pants down on several occasions with supposedly "hot books" on their Top 10 List guiding at double digit prices, when in fact they had not yet even been released due to publishing delays. doh!

I remember walking behind Jim Shooter and Chuck R at SDCC when Shooter was advising Rozanski to order an extra long box of Solar #10 black cover because "it was absolutely guaranteed to go up in the Wizard." It was the golden triangle of pump and dump:

Shooter/Valiant Comics, and biggest brick n mortar USA franchise Mile High Comics for pre-orders, and biggest mail order shipper for 1 week doh! old 'collectible' back issues/monthly Wizard hype mag. If a comicon flipper ran short, you could also reorder from Greg Buls.

good.

grumpy-cat.jpeg

-slym