• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

I would imagine Man Thing 3 should see a bump next few weeks.

What happens in Man Thing 3?

First Foolkiller.

Grrrrr. Was just about to list one of my Man Thing 3s, and discovered it was missing the Marvel Value Stamp.

Don't sweat it. It's not the same Foolkiller anyway

Maybe, but some people will look for the first appearance of the first iteration of a character. At least I know that I didn't spend more than a few bucks on any of my copies

First Foolkiller.

Grrrrr. Was just about to list one of my Man Thing 3s, and discovered it was missing the Marvel Value Stamp.

Maybe, but some people will look for the first appearance of the first iteration of a character. At least I know that I didn't spend more than a few bucks on any of my copies

That is a crapshoot with certain characters and could do either way and while FK 1's origin story was a Steve Gerber gem, he was only in 2 issues. FK 2 has a longer body of work and I'd think that people buying a 1st appearance because of the Deadpool series would want the FK who is in the series. But that could just be me

First Foolkiller.

That is a crapshoot with certain characters and could do either way and while FK 1's origin story was a Steve Gerber gem, he was only in 2 issues. FK 2 has a longer body of work and I'd think that people buying a 1st appearance because of the Deadpool series would want the FK who is in the series. But that could just be me

The biggest example I can give is GOTG. Marvel Super-Heroes #18 took off in price and that iteration of GOTG had nothing to do with the characters in the movie. Different time, different characters, etc. The only thing in common was the name of the group, Guardians of the Galaxy.

Edited by rjrjr

First Foolkiller.

The biggest example I can give is GOTG. Marvel Super-Heroes #18 took off in price and that iteration of GOTG had nothing to do with the characters in the movie. Different time, different characters, etc. The only thing in common was the name of the group, Guardians of the Galaxy.

Agreed, the first appearance of the cinematic or modern GOTG is in Annihilation: Conquest #6. Same thing with Groot's appearance in the TTA - he was just a big dumb tree-monster back when Kirby and Lee were churning out monster books. Maybe it's a prototype? Same with his second appearance in Hulk Annual #5. His first modern appearance as the hero he is known as today is in Annihilation: Conquest - Starlord #1. All of these books are relatively cheap compared to their unrelated Silver Age counter parts.

First Foolkiller.

Agreed, the first appearance of the cinematic or modern GOTG is in Annihilation: Conquest #6. Same thing with Groot's appearance in the TTA - he was just a big dumb tree-monster back when Kirby and Lee were churning out monster books. Maybe it's a prototype? Same with his second appearance in Hulk Annual #5. His first modern appearance as the hero he is known as today is in Annihilation: Conquest - Starlord #1. All of these books are relatively cheap compared to their unrelated Silver Age counter parts.

Yes, there are plenty of collectors that can't afford hundreds of dollars for a single issue. They look for the modern counterpart.

Even more recently, look at El Diablo. There are about four incarnations of him, but the latest mini and the character in the Suicide Squad movie, Chato Santana, seems to be more sought after than the original.

First Foolkiller.

Yondu is in both, but playing very different versions of himself (or his species or something)

Is Wonder Man hot right now?

Looks like Nathan Fillion is going to play Wonder Man in GoTG2.

So Wonder Man is intergalactic?

But in the comics isn't he 1,000 years in the future when he is playing with GOTG?

Oh, who cares, Fillion is probably a good guy for this role.

More dollar bin books that you can now use to buy a car with...

New Gods 7. First Steppenwolf

Rumored to be the big bad guy in the upcoming Justice League movie while they save Darkseid for later.

Good old DC :facepalm:

Sweet - another book to go see if I've got a couple copies sitting in the boxes.

Rumored to be the big bad guy in the upcoming Justice League movie while they save Darkseid for later.

Sweet - another book to go see if I've got a couple copies sitting in the boxes.

Holy crud! Saw it at least 2 LCS's last week. Now to gas up the car and make the rounds. Thanx!

New God's 7 has already been selling for a premium and certainly not found in dollar boxes but OK :)

Jungle action 5 and 6 are seeing alot of activity now that the main stream modern collector knows there significance. I think 5 is overpriced seeing as how its a reprint and 6 (being the 1st true solo ongoing story) is still under the radar a bit with lots of room for growth.

Edited by FrankWhite

Found a nice VF copy of New God's 7 in the Con boxes with a $15 price tag on it. I'll keep that one for a bit. Thanks guys.

Seriously?

Hot damn. I bought a collection five years ago where the original owner had speculated on Kirby 4th World stuff. There's got to be 50 New Gods 7s in the box. :banana:

Seriously?

Hot damn. I bought a collection five years ago where the original owner had speculated on Kirby 4th World stuff. There's got to be 50 New Gods 7s in the box. :banana:

Time to get diggin' :grin: