• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Action Figure Cover Thread!

2,130 posts in this topic

If they follow the release pattern of the action figures then Yoda would be coming up in another 5 to 10 covers. But having a Thanoth cover makes me wonder now.....

If they follow the release pattern of the action figures then Yoda would be coming up in another 5 to 10 covers. But having a Thanoth cover makes me wonder now.....

I'm a little surprised they did Thanoth before Aphra or her droids. Perhaps he plays a big part in the story arc.

How are we on the Gonk droid but we still do not have Yoda???

They are releasing them in roughly the same order that the original action figures were released.

Does anyone here think they will get through all 92+ original action figures? I'm skeptical the Star Wars title will get to issue #92 and if it doesn't, what do they do with obscure characters like Cloud Car Pilot and Weequay for example?

I will be surprised if the new Star Wars series makes it to #92 or so considering how often Marvel likes to begin the numbering over again these days. It would be cool to see the title to make it to a number greater than the original Marvel Star Wars though (i.e. higher than 107).

The true determination I think will be when the modern Star Wars series passes the Empire Strikes Back in terms of story chronology. At this point, it seems like the majority of Marvel Star Wars comics take place within a year of A New Hope (the exceptions being Kanan, Shattered Empire, C-3PO special and the new Poe Dameron). At this point, it's really loosely defined how close we are within the three years of chronology between A New Hope and the Empire Strikes Back too.

If Marvel restarts the Star Wars series, they might choose to finish the action figure covers anyways. I do wonder if the collectors will burn out by that time though. I myself really like these covers. However my comic store is charging me $15 for each action figure cover which seems to be a bit high.

I'm a little surprised they did Thanoth before Aphra or her droids. Perhaps he plays a big part in the story arc.

I was really hoping it was going to be the droids 1st. I guess they wanted to make a cover of a less popular character 1st to build up anticipation for the cool Triple Zero and Bee Tee One droids.

The Thanoth cover (along with Dr. Aphra and her droids if they are released) represent making an action figure cover for which no action figure exists. Perhaps these are tests to see if these characters should be made into actual action figures.

Edited by Kir Kanos

How are we on the Gonk droid but we still do not have Yoda???

They are releasing them in roughly the same order that the original action figures were released.

Does anyone here think they will get through all 92+ original action figures? I'm skeptical the Star Wars title will get to issue #92 and if it doesn't, what do they do with obscure characters like Cloud Car Pilot and Weequay for example?

I will be surprised if the new Star Wars series makes it to #92 or so considering how often Marvel likes to begin the numbering over again these days. It would be cool to see the title to make it to a number greater than the original Marvel Star Wars though (i.e. higher than 107).

The true determination I think will be when the modern Star Wars series passes the Empire Strikes Back in terms of story chronology. At this point, it seems like the majority of Marvel Star Wars comics take place within a year of A New Hope (the exceptions being Kanan, Shattered Empire, C-3PO special and the new Poe Dameron). At this point, it's really loosely defined how close we are within the three years of chronology between A New Hope and the Empire Strikes Back too.

If Marvel restarts the Star Wars series, they might choose to finish the action figure covers anyways. I do wonder if the collectors will burn out by that time though. I myself really like these covers. However my comic store is charging me $15 for each action figure cover which seems to be a bit high.

Yeah, that's high, I order mine from Midtown - below cover.

Han Solo limited edition JTC Action Figure Variant on the way!

Presale: 6PM EST, Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Han Solo #1

JTC | Han Solo Bespin Outfit Action Figure full-color variant edition

$20

Han Solo #1, Signature Series (9.6 or better)

JTC | Han Solo Bespin Outfit Action Figure full-color variant edition, signature series graded version (CGC grade 9.6 or higher guaranteed)

$70

Civil War II #1 double issue

JTC | Iron Man Negative Space full-color variant edition

$10

AND

Negative Space Combo Pack

Civil War II #1

with

Black Panther #1

JTC | Black Panther Negative Space full-color variant edition

$30

Han Solo limited edition JTC Action Figure Variant on the way!

Presale: 6PM EST, Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Han Solo #1

JTC | Han Solo Bespin Outfit Action Figure full-color variant edition

$20

Han Solo #1, Signature Series (9.6 or better)

JTC | Han Solo Bespin Outfit Action Figure full-color variant edition, signature series graded version (CGC grade 9.6 or higher guaranteed)

$70

Civil War II #1 double issue

$10

AND

Negative Space Combo Pack

Civil War II #1

with

Black Panther #1

JTC | Black Panther Negative Space full-color variant edition

$30

Anyone look into this more? Can you only buy one copy in the presale or can you buy more? In the email he says he is promising one copy but does not say how many you can purchase.

Anyone look into this more? Can you only buy one copy in the presale or can you buy more? In the email he says he is promising one copy but does not say how many you can purchase.

1 copy for presale.

1 copy for presale.

Thanks. I didn't see a time listed for when you could purchase more either.