• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman Bronze Age Appreciation Thread
7 7

403 posts in this topic

Nice set of books, Rick. (thumbs u

I will have to see if I have any pictures of my old Adams GL, Batman and TEC hoards to post. I accumulated them in the late 90s - 2001 and was happy to unload them all in the mid 00s when Batman #227 & 232, Tec # 400, and GL #76 hit $200+ in VF. :tonofbricks:

Edited by kimik

I have always thought this comic was an under appreciated Batman book(cover/Bronze age or other wise). DC Special Series #15. The recently published 'Comic Book Marketplace Yearbook' agrees and pleaded the case that this a gem of a book. The creepy Rogers cover is only a part of it's coolness, great stories between the covers too!DCSpecialSeries15_zps857b044b.jpg

The Rogers cover and interior art is nice, but to me the stand-out is the Michael Golden art on the inside:

DCSpecialSeries15c_zpsdkojccql.jpg

I'm not trying to pimp this book, but I truly believe this is an overlooked book, not just because of the art but also because of this key story development:

DCSpecialSeries15d_zpstvxtipty.jpg

This is the story where Ras preforms a "traditional" wedding ceremony (for his culture) and weds Batman and Talia. The further evolves the dynamic between Batman, Ras and Talia, is a key plot point for the graphic novel Batman: Son of the Demon, and from that you have all the Damian stuff. If it's not key, I certainly think it's a semi-key development in the Batman storyline.

It's not mentioned on the CGC label so I don't if most will ever sit up and take notice of it, but it's a great book all the way around.

Oh yeah, this is a nice panel too. :grin:

DCSpecialSeries15g_zps38sg3oxw.jpg

Thought I would bump this thread to share a page from one of my favorite Batman bronze artist...

For a long time now, a Don Newton Batman page has been on my list of original art I would like to own. Recently I was fortunate enough to be able to buy a nice page to add to my collection. I had been looking for a page full of batman images but when I saw this page with Batman, Matches Malone, a killer composition and a nice little completish story I had to have it. 

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1401079

Thanks for looking and as always comments are welcome as I would love to hear what others think of this page.

thanks

mathew

46 minutes ago, artistlost said:

Thought I would bump this thread to share a page from one of my favorite Batman bronze artist...

For a long time now, a Don Newton Batman page has been on my list of original art I would like to own. Recently I was fortunate enough to be able to buy a nice page to add to my collection. I had been looking for a page full of batman images but when I saw this page with Batman, Matches Malone, a killer composition and a nice little completish story I had to have it. 

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1401079

Thanks for looking and as always comments are welcome as I would love to hear what others think of this page.

thanks

mathew

looks good :) Matches Malone lol at least it showed a bit of his interaction with the school along with the flashback, it seems the plot to the book...and I had never seen the word Muggins used in a sentence; interesting