• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,319 posts in this topic

Here....

286138-001WHT_zpse5rjq20d.jpg

That's the copy that recently sold on eBay, amidst great excitement.

Yes.

I still think it deserved a higher grade. It's a beauty, nonetheless- very flat and glossy was the impression I got from the seller's scans. I guess it was the accumulation of tiny edge flaws that kept it from grading higher.

Edited by 29dukedog

Here....

Yes.

I still think it deserved a higher grade. It's a beauty, nonetheless- very flat and glossy was the impression I got from the seller's scans. I guess it was the accumulation of tiny edge flaws that kept it from grading higher.

It's a very nice copy. I also thought from the photos in the listing that it would grade higher. The glossiness in the photos doesn't show as clearly in the scan of the slab.

Here's one of those original seller's scans... shows the gloss better.

Now that it's in the slab, the tear at the bottom right is wider.

It does appear that way. Of course, Mxwll obviously flattened out those tiny tear folds that were sticking up slightly, prior to CGC submission. That will change the way things look, a little.

Here....

Yes.

It's a very nice copy. I also thought from the photos in the listing that it would grade higher. The glossiness in the photos doesn't show as clearly in the scan of the slab.

It is a nice copy - and when I received the book the edges appeared in much tougher condition than in the seller's original photographs (and the little piece on the bottom right FC that was sticking up was broken off). The gloss is still fantastic. In hand the book looks great - the scan simply doesn't show well.

Edited by Mxwll Smrt

Another Diary Secrets cover I like a lot... seems there haven't been any real high grade copies around... highest graded is only 5.0. Anybody sitting on a stunner?

ds27_zpsuxq2eorn.jpg

My copy is a long way from being a stunner, although the reds on the cover seem to have hung in there pretty well:

T2eC16JHJGkFFmtIFlBSYZWd-Rg60_57_zps03d596b4.jpg

Is there any Baker in It's Love, Love, Love 1 or 2?

Nope, none.

I think that's right, although it's kind of surprising that these end-of-the-line St John romance books didn't reprint something by Baker.