• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fakers on ebay

288 posts in this topic

It's actually a very carefully done fraud -- not good enough, but still the age marks and the torn snipe and everything else is definitely created in a way we haven't seen happen that much yet. But I'm sure they're coming.

and nowhere does he say its the cover to sensation 1. Just says its 'sensation comics wonder woman' art. Well yes, that's true but intended to mislead.
He implies it is the original cover, because he list it as "Original", and not "reproduction" as well as list its creation between 1900-1949. in the Item specification.

I actually won the sensation Cover auction, threw in an absurd amount but never planned on paying if it went above $200. It is a very good fake with attention to detail, but a few mistakes. The differences I noticed was the lesser amount of stars on Wonder woman's skirt and the facial expression of the man holding the machine gun. Also the size of the art sounds like its too small for original cover art. Any other obvious signs its a forgery?

Edited by ComicsMV

Any other obvious signs its a forgery?

Besides what you mentioned? Budapest. The other stuff the guy was selling. There's no way some clown with a bunch of fake sketches lands on anything real, ever. And yeah, provenance. That's an issue.

I also have some other things that tipped me off, but I'd like to hold those back so the bad guys don't get ejimicated.

G

the size of the cover is the big tip off they never drew covers that small in the 40.s. also. I have never seen white out that look so white while being over 70 years old. no way. I have art with white out from 20 years don't look that white.

so yeah. a decent looking fake. but no way this is the real deal. just look at what he is selling. nothing he has is real.

I really hate Fosworld.

Let's not waste each other's time Fosworld-stop listing fakes on ebay.

If anyone knows the actual owner of this page I might be able to get Fosworld shut down.

Fosworld's fake art isn't even all that convincing. The Fosworld eBay fake art looks exactly like what it is; a person with limited art ability trying to copy a master craftsman and falling short.

The Fosworld eBay fake art auctions all have things in common with one another; unsure, squiggly lines denoting edges and outlines rather than the sure, clean strokes a professional would use; anatomical details which are obvious fakes to the trained eye and which are clearly made by a person copying what they see without knowing why it was drawn that way; wobbly, amateurish lettering which belies the hand of an amateur trying to mimic the style of a seasoned veteran, etc etc etc. I have no concerns explaining the above, as any and all future fake Fosworld eBay art auctions will have the same features untill Fosworld figures out how to draw like someone who is paid to do so.

Clearly at this point the market understands the above as the Kirby FF fake Foswarld eBay art auction is currently at a fraction of what a real page would be going for

Lettering is very hard to fake. Even Jack Kirby couldn't do it. Only a good letterer can letter.

I recently asked him a question on that piece, too. Here's the response:

New message from: fosworld (4,649Red Star)

Thank you for the heads up I will have it checked.

Your previous message

Why are you offering this as an original piece, when it is so obviously a recreation?