• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

B.E.K Black Eyed Kids from Aftershock comics

148 posts in this topic

This book, by Joe Pruett and Szymon Kudranski, hit shops yesterday and the cover lured me in. One of the best #1 issues I've read in quite a while. If you like horror, you won't be disappointed and its only $1.99 if your LCS has it.

Newsarama article

CBR Reviews

PopCultureHQ Review

Small spoilers and another review.

You're welcome (thumbs u

I hope you like it. I just found this page and it has a short video with sounds that definitely fit the mood of the book.

Aftershock B.E.K. Page

Loved the book, had it on my radar for a while. I love the back story and the youtube videos.

Now just need a Slender man comic.....

No normal speculators bought it? I don't see the usual ones in here yet?

Could this be just a good read? Heaven forbid... :o

My area LCS's only got a couple copies each so hoarding them without ordering online looks like a tough task. That could be it, nobody is holding a dozen copies for the pump and dump, but yes, just a great book!

So what does everyone think these kids are?

I'm thinking some form of vampire, did you catch it seemed they had to ask permission to enter, before they came in? But with the eyes demon?

Been a while since a book has me on the hook, and thinking about it for this long after reading

This book is amazing, and I think it's going to be the breakaway hit that Aftershock has needed. Definitely the best first issue I've read in a long time, and I am a pretty tough audience with new books these days. I really only like a few books a month if that.

Definitely buy the regular copy to read, but don't sleep on this micro variant. (only 175 available) Full disclosure, I am responsible for setting this cover up, so I'm partial. I have a small amount of them. It was my favorite option, so I thought it would be a good bet to make it the most limited cover. 5 have already sold for around $40 apiece on the bay.

IiJG7D.jpg

There's also a B+W variant that is limited to 500, but this one is the one I've invested in. The sketch one is definitely a cool option, but that micro is such a creepy image. There's also a show variant that's limited to 500 as well. If anyone is interested I could probably set something up, but I'm not trying to make this into a sales thread. The regular book sold out same day of release from Diamond. Like I said, I'm not hiding the fact that I have a nice stack of these, but I really do believe in the book, and am expecting great things from Joe.

This book is amazing, and I think it's going to be the breakaway hit that Aftershock has needed. Definitely the best first issue I've read in a long time, and I am a pretty tough audience with new books these days. I really only like a few books a month if that.

Definitely buy the regular copy to read, but don't sleep on this micro variant. (only 175 available) Full disclosure, I am responsible for setting this cover up, so I'm partial. I have a small amount of them. It was my favorite option, so I thought it would be a good bet to make it the most limited cover. 5 have already sold for around $40 apiece on the bay.

IiJG7D.jpg

There's also a B+W variant that is limited to 500, but this one is the one I've invested in. The sketch one is definitely a cool option, but that micro is such a creepy image. There's also a show variant that's limited to 500 as well. If anyone is interested I could probably set something up, but I'm not trying to make this into a sales thread. The regular book sold out same day of release from Diamond. Like I said, I'm not hiding the fact that I have a nice stack of these, but I really do believe in the book, and am expecting great things from Joe.

Pretty cool that you chose to get in on this book. I've been thinking about the story since the day I first read it. I'm hoping they do nearly as well with issue #2 as they did with the first one. Some people get scary and some people don't get it. These guys totally seem to understand that people's imaginations can conjure up all kinds of terrifying thoughts and those thoughts can usually be more scary than whatever the eye can see. The best horror movies do the same thing.