• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Traded: CGC 4.0 AF15 and CGC 9.6 TMNT 1
1 1

4.0 AF15 vs 9.6 TMNT 1  

3 members have voted

1. 1. 4.0 AF15 vs 9.6 TMNT 1

523 posts in this topic

TMNT #1 CGC 9.8 sold , in the last ComicLink auction for about something like 28K, if I am not mistaken.

Which was about 200% of the previous sale in GPA.

Looks like we will see, next month, how much a CGC 9.6 WP TMNT #1 can fetch.....

http://comiclink.com/Auctions/search.asp?FocusedOnly=1&where=auctions&title=TEENAGE+MUTANT+NINJA+TURTLES+%231&ItemType=CB&CGC=YES

:facepalm:

What you don't get the humor in a person saying their collecting preference is wrong and rubbing salt in wound and yet that same person would tell you that buying a Dell'Otto super rare variant that only 17 exist and that its super rare and the print run is next to zero and only 1 copy is ever for sale and no one else can find these books is better than a TMNT 1?

What the hell are you run-on sentencing about ? (shrug)

*I'M* the one who originally said there's no point in rubbing salt in the wound.

The rest of that nonsense in your post is just a massive fart from your imagination.

-J.

That was not a great trade (for the person who traded the AF 15),

-J.

Don't worry Dell'Otto stuff so rare so valuable me likely long time. Oh so rare! So rare ebay has no bookie! His stuff muchoawesomo! Better den stinky turtle! JarJar know he books is better den your books cause he books are better

If you could see my sig line you'd realize how foolish you look right now....

-J.

What you don't get the humor in a person saying their collecting preference is wrong and rubbing salt in wound and yet that same person would tell you that buying a Dell'Otto super rare variant that only 17 exist and that its super rare and the print run is next to zero and only 1 copy is ever for sale and no one else can find these books is better than a TMNT 1?

*I'M* the one who originally said there's no point in rubbing salt in the wound.

The rest of that nonsense in your post is just a massive fart from your imagination.

-J.

-J.

Don't worry Dell'Otto stuff so rare so valuable me likely long time. Oh so rare! So rare ebay has no bookie! His stuff muchoawesomo! Better den stinky turtle! JarJar know he books is better den your books cause he books are better

-J.

What does your sig line have anything to do with it? You spend money on comics :banana:

Why was it a bad trade? Let's hear your reasoning.

Was it because you think AF15 is a better book? My books > books!

Was it because AF15 has grown more since then? Irrelevant as at the time they were similar value and unless they sell them $ means nothing at this point

Honestly why was it not a great trade for the guy with the AF15? Any day of the week you can buy one. Not so much for turtles.

-J.

-J.

-J.

What does your sig line have anything to do with it? You spend money on comics :banana:

Why was it a bad trade? Let's hear your reasoning.

Was it because you think AF15 is a better book? My books > books!

Was it because AF15 has grown more since then? Irrelevant as at the time they were similar value and unless they sell them $ means nothing at this point

Honestly why was it not a great trade for the guy with the AF15? Any day of the week you can buy one. Not so much for turtles.

All of that was already covered in the preceding 40 pages of this thread two years ago.

Old news.

-J.

-J.

-J.

-J.

The last two of your posts I've read make you look foolish. Just saying...

-J.

-J.

-J.

The last two of your posts I've read make you look foolish. Just saying...

Ditto. (thumbs u

-J.

Since there are so many pages in this thread and it's two years old, I'll just remind everyone.

I'm the guy who traded my 4.0 Amazing Fantasy #15 for a 9.6 TMNT #1.

At the time, February 2014, they had equal value.

I had TWO copies of Amazing Fantasy #15, and had never owned a TMNT #1.

Today, April 2016, I still have one copy of each book.

There's a decent chance the TMNT #1 could re-grade to a 9.8. It's perfect. I might find out sometime. Regardless, I own both books, so it doesn't matter to me which book "goes up faster".

If everyone who owns TMNT #1 wants an AF15, it's easy.

If even a few who own AF15 want a high-grade TMNT #1... not so easy.

But I do have both... so everything else being discussed is just hypothetical. (thumbs u

Since there are so many pages in this thread and it's two years old, I'll just remind everyone.

There's a decent chance the TMNT #1 could re-grade to a 9.8. It's perfect. I might find out sometime. Regardless, I own both books, so it doesn't matter which "goes up faster".

:banana: You are happy with the trade. The guy who got the AF15 is happy with the trade. Both of you are clearly knowledgeable so no one was swindled so that is all that matters.

:banana: You are happy with the trade. The guy who got the AF15 is happy with the trade. Both of you are clearly knowledgeable so no one was swindled so that is all that matters.

Yep. I paid $5,000 for the CGC 4.0 AF #15 a few years earlier. The last sale of a CGC 9.6 TMNT #1 before the 2014 trade was for $7,700, and one sale was $9,000 in 2013. Since it was a straight-up trade... I got the CGC 9.6 TMNT #1 for $5,000. (thumbs u

Yep. I paid $5,000 for the CGC 4.0 AF #15 a few years earlier. The last sale of a CGC 9.6 TMNT #1 before the 2014 trade was for $7,700, and one sale was $9,000 in 2013. Since it was a straight-up trade... I got the CGC 9.6 TMNT #1 for $5,000. (thumbs u

Just like changing lanes on a highway, but you're still moving forward. You're still gonna get there.

The thing is both r great books and quite frankly great investments. The increase in values for both books have been tremendous over the last 10 to 15 years but go in cycles . I know for a fact tmnt has, depending on grade, gone up anywhere from 10 to 20 times since the early 2000s before Cgc graded them. They finally leveled off in 2014. There is no doubt it will make another push soon as I am sure af 15 will as well. I am quit confident in saying that action 1, AF 15 and tmnt 1 are equals in terms of their respective eras

Edited by rabidwolf

There's a decent chance the TMNT #1 could re-grade to a 9.8. It's perfect. I might find out sometime. Regardless, I own both books, so it doesn't matter to me which book "goes up faster".

If everyone who owns TMNT #1 wants an AF15, it's easy.

If even a few who own AF15 want a high-grade TMNT #1... not so easy.

But I do have both... so everything else being discussed is just hypothetical. (thumbs u

I remember this trade, and thought you got the better end of the deal. Like you said AF 15 easy find, a TMNT 1 in 9.6 not so much.

Last 3 9.8s sold for $22.5, $22.5, and $27.

I'd say that makes TMNT1 9.8 a $20k+ book all day long. Which puts a 9.6 in the $10-12k price range IMO.

I am aware of a private sale from about a month ago just under 11k for a 9.6

Last 3 9.8s sold for $22.5, $22.5, and $27.

I'd say that makes TMNT1 9.8 a $20k+ book all day long. Which puts a 9.6 in the $10-12k price range IMO.

I am aware of a private sale from about a month ago just under 11k for a 9.6

:applause:(thumbs u