• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Please help. If a member is on the current probation list can they start an ad in the wanted to buy forum?
if this is the case, I think it is only fair to make a post in that thread to alert and warn any potential members. If that's considered thread crapping then I don't see a point of any probation list.

That makes perfect sense. I'm sure there are a lot of members who don't read the probation list.

Please help. If a member is on the current probation list can they start an ad in the wanted to buy forum?
if this is the case, I think it is only fair to make a post in that thread to alert and warn any potential members. If that's considered thread crapping then I don't see a point of any probation list.

I believe there was some discussion a while back where a single person can post a nice well worded post stating you should get your things in order before looking to conduct business here and link to the PL/HOS list.

I consider it the makings of a sweet Friday afternoon.

I believe there was some discussion a while back where a single person can post a nice well worded post stating you should get your things in order before looking to conduct business here and link to the PL/HOS list.

(thumbs u

That makes perfect sense. I'm sure there are a lot of members who don't read the probation list.

but do it in the kindest public service announcing way. A simple FYI without details.

Perhaps it should be a rule that if you are a seller and on a list here, you MUST make mention of that in your first post of your sales thread. Anyone care to second that?

but do it in the kindest public service announcing way. A simple FYI without details.

Perhaps it should be a rule that if you are a seller and on a list here, you MUST make mention of that in your first post of your sales thread. Anyone care to second that?

Problem is, there are 97 different ideas about what the "kindest possible" way is knowing the people on this forum.

Problem is, there are 97 different ideas about what the "kindest possible" way is knowing the people on this forum.

Then it is simple. As a bonus for being on the Prob list, you will still be entitled to sell here, but you have to mention somewhere within your first post that you are an active member on the PL. it's a simple new rule to add. It's factual, it's helpful, it's understandable, it's needed, it's appreciated, meaningful and will lead to the need not to have members "threadcrap"

wtzp0g.jpg

ws1snr.jpg

:grin:

Seconded, thirded or fourthed (fourthed?), if that were to be a rule I believe Arch would have to OK it.

It seems to me that enforcing such a rule would be an endorsement of sorts of the probation list and I believe CGC has remained very hands-off with regards to the probation list thus far. I highly doubt Arch would go along with something like that.

change the color of their name on the boards? (shrug)

It seems to me that enforcing such a rule would be an endorsement of sorts of the probation list and I believe CGC has remained very hands-off with regards to the probation list thus far. I highly doubt Arch would go along with something like that.

I, too, doubt Arch would condone that. What I meant was to implement it we don't need boardie approval. We need Arch approval.

I, too, doubt Arch would condone that. What I meant was to implement it we don't need boardie approval. We need Arch approval.

I agree completely that if the idea is to change the "usage guidelines" that would require the approval of Admin. My 2c is that any organization survives less on its rules and more upon the voluntary good will cooperation of its members. For me the existing rules are permissive, and I have never yet seen them as an impediment to the community enforcing the PL.

The fact that Admin will not intervene to "resolve disputes" in the sales forum vis a vis transactions is to say that it has ceded that to the community. Fundamental to how the community resolves disputes is the PL process. It is part and parcel of the Sales Forum. It is not something separate that has to sneak into the proceedings.