• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze Age Fantastic Four Appreciation Thread
8 8

1,324 posts in this topic

Great idea for a thread, what are the issue ranges?

FF123suscha98_zpssqtlblbj.jpg

fan1.12392a_zpshfa3dsyd.jpg

fan1.12395a_zpse4krt2og.jpg

fan1.12495a_zpskti7ciup.jpg

(worship)

I was admiring your 123 in the other thread. Not often you get the Silver Surfer and Richard Nixon on the same cover. Beautiful books!

While opinions may defer, I figure a good starting place for the FF bronze age to be 103 and take it up to the Byrne run, maybe 231?

I'm putting together a VG to fine or so reader run of bronze age FF. I'll hook it up with my copper Byrne OO run and then read the whole damn thing :whee:

A few years back I reread 1-295 straight through. I really enjoyed the bronze age stuff between Lee/Kirby and Byrne much more than I remembered as a kid. Maybe not as consistent given the constant turn around but great story arcs and art nonetheless. I read it in Masterworks, Essentials and trades but a good part of it was some readers and that is definitely the way to go. Seeing the ads, bullpen and letter pages are a big part of the fun.