• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Celebrate Dell'Otto!
15 15

4,993 posts in this topic

Dell'Otto is a talented artist for sure. I'm going to go out on a limb and say he reminds me a little bit of Thomas Kinkade because a lot of his work has light effects. As seen in your Winter Soldier #1 (mine is current en route) and the chest & eyes on your ASM #3 and a lot in the X-23 #1, Jaydog (thumbs u

Here's my baby <3

My_Grail.jpg

I'm hoping my CBCS 9.8 X-23 #1 variant will turn into a CGC 9.8 one soon...

Jerome

Edited by Lethal_Collector

Dell'Otto is a talented artist for sure. I'm going to go out on a limb and say he reminds me a little bit of Thomas Kinkade because a lot of his work has light effects. As seen in your Winter Soldier #1 (mine is current en route) and the chest & eyes on your ASM #3 and a lot in the X-23 #1, Jaydog (thumbs u

Here's my baby <3

My_Grail.jpg

I'm hoping my CBCS 9.8 X-23 #1 variant will turn into a CGC 9.8 one soon...

Jerome

:applause: Very nice! I have done quite a bit more research on the 667 that has yielded more concrete answers to its unusual rarity. I will post those findings in the thread soon so everyone can then try to rip them apart. :insane: It also turns out a certain number of copies were also damaged during print/distribution, that's why so many of them have similar defects on the back cover and spine like the raw copy that just sold today on ebay for $2500.

ASM 667 Club (Population 2)

UNVERSAL

Jaydogrules 9.8 Page 1

Lethal_Collector 9.8 Page 1

-J.

I have done quite a bit more research on the 667 that has yielded more concrete answers to its unusual rarity. I will post those findings in the thread soon

Excellent.

I look forward to this information, and hope it is indeed as concrete as you claim.

If these various discussions have inspired you to dig deeply for the truth, by which knowledge everyone interested benefits, it can't possibly be a bad thing.

:o

Dat spine tho...for that price? I think I got a good deal on my book now for sure.

Jerome

lol Sometimes beggars can't be choosers. Who knows how long the buyer was waiting for a copy.

Although I have seen a couple copies even worse whose spines were so bad it looked like a rat chewed on them.

-J.

Dell'Otto has been doing some pretty cool exclusive covers for Bulletproof Comix for some titles like DKIII and Bats/TMNT.

He did connecting covers for Batman #50 & Superman #50 for them too:

s248192446658816_p63_i2_w1280_zpsdt9po8wp.jpeg

Damn those are nice. I may have to pre order a set. My wallet weeps. lol

-J.