• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any further info on Daredevil Netflix show?
6 6

2,037 posts in this topic

I'm calling it now - all four of the main Netflix heroes will at least make a cameo, and they have not been approached about it yet. But as far as we know, it's in their contract to appear in Marvel movies if asked, right? hm

Remember though, in a Post-Free-Feige world, Marvel Studios is still essentially 2 companies. Before, Loeb & Feige could easily share between the TV division & the Film division (respectively) because they had the same boss. Now, Loeb has to go to his boss (Ike) who doesn't get along with the guy (Feige) that Loeb wants to share with, and Ike can say "nope" to talent sharing for whatever reason (petty or reasonable) that he wants. We know Ike is still a little bitter about Feige going over his head to Disney to get the Film division out from under Ike's control. And we know that Ike holds grudges for pretty much ever. So he might get petty.

I'm calling it now - all four of the main Netflix heroes will at least make a cameo, and they have not been approached about it yet. But as far as we know, it's in their contract to appear in Marvel movies if asked, right? hm

Remember though, in a Post-Free-Feige world, Marvel Studios is still essentially 2 companies. Before, Loeb & Feige could easily share between the TV division & the Film division (respectively) because they had the same boss. Now, Loeb has to go to his boss (Ike) who doesn't get along with the guy (Feige) that Loeb wants to share with, and Ike can say "nope" to talent sharing for whatever reason (petty or reasonable) that he wants. We know Ike is still a little bitter about Feige going over his head to Disney to get the Film division out from under Ike's control. And we know that Ike holds grudges for pretty much ever. So he might get petty.

He might, but I can't believe even Perlmutter would make a decision that he thinks could possibly tamper with the quality of the end product. Surely he must understand A) how vital Infinity War is for the past and future of the franchise and film genre, and B) how resoundingly successful Daredevil and JJ have been so far. Surely he's got some people advising him on such matters hm

He might, but I can't believe even Perlmutter would make a decision that he thinks could possibly tamper with the quality of the end product. Surely he must understand A) how vital Infinity War is for the past and future of the franchise and film genre, and B) how resoundingly successful Daredevil and JJ have been so far. Surely he's got some people advising him on such matters hm

Thing is, there's not going to be a significant boon (financially) to adding the Netflix characters to Infinity War. It won't add anything to the box office. It won't add anything to what Marvel gets from Netflix. The film division isn't going to hand over any money to the TV division for using them. And it's not like Infinity War isn't going to be ultra successful without the TV characters.

Point blank, there's no benefit to Ike (beyond dividends on his chunk of Disney that he owns as part of the Marvel sale) to giving Feige any cooperation & it won't hurt either his division OR his wallet not to. But he does get to make a power play against a former underling that went over his head & exact both some revenge & play the "flexing my corporate control muscles" game.

Or Iger could just fire Perlmutter. (shrug)

Iger could try. But I'm pretty certain that Ike is either the top or 2nd largest individual shareholder in Disney as a result of the Marvel purchase. There was a LOT of stock that went to Ike in that deal & Ike's bought more since. That gives you some serious influence. Iger might be able to fire Ike from his position with controlling Marvel Studios TV or Marvel Publishing, but it wouldn't be hard for Ike to make Iger's life miserable on the corporate side of things, since he's on the board too.

Or Iger could just fire Perlmutter. (shrug)

Iger could try. But I'm pretty certain that Ike is either the top or 2nd largest individual shareholder in Disney as a result of the Marvel purchase. There was a LOT of stock that went to Ike in that deal & Ike's bought more since. That gives you some serious influence. Iger might be able to fire Ike from his position with controlling Marvel Studios TV or Marvel Publishing, but it wouldn't be hard for Ike to make Iger's life miserable on the corporate side of things, since he's on the board too.

I think you are right. There was an article in the Wall Street Journal that noted at one point, post-acquisition, Perlmutter was the largest stockholder with Disney.

I just hope the pettiness doesn't play into the small and large screen interacting. I don't count on it, though.

:(

The Ballad Of Ike Perlmutter And Marvel Comics

An Israeli war veteran who came to the USA with nothing, started the toy company Toy Biz. Licensing many Marvel characters as action figures, it was bought by Marvel, putting Ike on the Marvel board. During the Marvel bankruptcy, he ended up as the largest Marvel shareholder and CEO. Pursuing his vision into movie making, he mortgaged Marvel’s film rights to its characters against their success, got Iron Man made with Robert Downey Jr. He then leveraged that success to kickstar the whole Marvel Studios slate of movies, controlling them with a heavy hand. He then sold to Disney while remaining Marvel CEO and Disney’s largest single shareholder.

The Ballad Of Ike Perlmutter And Marvel Comics

An Israeli war veteran who came to the USA with nothing, started the toy company Toy Biz. Licensing many Marvel characters as action figures, it was bought by Marvel, putting Ike on the Marvel board. During the Marvel bankruptcy, he ended up as the largest Marvel shareholder and CEO. Pursuing his vision into movie making, he mortgaged Marvel’s film rights to its characters against their success, got Iron Man made with Robert Downey Jr. He then leveraged that success to kickstar the whole Marvel Studios slate of movies, controlling them with a heavy hand. He then sold to Disney while remaining Marvel CEO and Disney’s largest single shareholder.

He's mates with Donald Trump. 'Nuff said.

Concept Artist Josh Nizzi of Marvel Studios offer two alternate versions of Daredevil's costume with one featuring straps along the body and the second, a black & red suit similarly close to the final design.

Daredevil_v01_JN.jpg

Daredevil_v08_JN.jpg

I wonder why they didn't go with the first one.

Concept Artist Josh Nizzi of Marvel Studios offer two alternate versions of Daredevil's costume with one featuring straps along the body and the second, a black & red suit similarly close to the final design.

Daredevil_v01_JN.jpg

Daredevil_v08_JN.jpg

I wonder why they didn't go with the first one.

First one is exponentially better than the second.

New teaser.

I really hate the cowl they're using on the show for some reason. I was hoping they'd do away with it and go with something more traditional. Rest of the costume seem OK.

The Punisher lines are fantastic!

'You know you're one bad day away from being me'?!

'You hit them and they get back up. I hit them and they stay down!'

'Why are you doing this?'

'Because I think you're a half-measure. I think you're a man that can't finish the job!'

And then there is - ELEKTRA!

:whee: