• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CELEBRATE THE DOUBLE COVERS
19 19

2,970 posts in this topic

:banana:

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1601.jpg

s-l1602.jpg

s-l1603.jpg

s-l1604.jpg :banana: :banana:

Very cool. Never seen one like that before. I do have a Thor #411 with one outside cover and 2 complete interiors all stapled together but have never seen one of these.

Extra cover at the centerfold. Very interesting. :applause:
If the outer cover was to ever become detached and the center cover remained could you call it coverless?

Sure.

If that outside cover were missing I'd fold the book over at the centerfold to create a really interesting book.

s-l1603.jpg

Very cool. Never seen one like that before. I do have a Thor #411 with one outside cover and 2 complete interiors all stapled together but have never seen one of these.

Thanks! I don't believe I have ever seen one either. I had to have it. I collect Miller and variants, so it covers two of my favorites!

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1601.jpg

s-l1602.jpg

s-l1603.jpg

s-l1604.jpg :banana: :banana:

That is just awesome. Great book.

I love it....very nice condition as well.....

So will CGC grade the inner cover if submitted? Or just note the cover inside?

Both will be graded and the highest grade of the two will be displayed on the CGC case.

Edited by MoonKT

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1601.jpg

s-l1602.jpg

s-l1603.jpg

s-l1604.jpg

:banana: :banana:

Both will be graded and the highest grade of the two will be displayed on the CGC case.

No.

In this case CGC will give it a Qualified grade and only grade the outside cover.

I picked up a GA Dell Looney Tunes Merrie Melodies comic recently with a double cover, but the center wrap is missing. However, it doesn't look like there ever was a center wrap with it. Has anyone ever encountered something like this before with a double covered GA comic?

Edited by ecgt

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1601.jpg

s-l1602.jpg

s-l1603.jpg

s-l1604.jpg

:banana: :banana:

No.

In this case CGC will give it a Qualified grade and only grade the outside cover.

Is that true? If so I'm bummed, as I don't care for Q covers. Just because it's in the center it's not a double cover and treated as such? Bizarre if true.

I picked up a GA Dell Looney Tunes Merrie Melodies comic recently with a double cover, but the center wrap is missing. However, it doesn't look like there ever was a center wrap with it. Has anyone ever encountered something like this before with a double covered GA comic?

To be fair, how could you tell if the centre wrap was ever there? I would usually say the thickness of the book but the extra covers would confuse that. I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm legitimately interested :foryou:

My second surprise double cover.

The Titans 1 - It is more interesting that it has cover a and cover b. Sweet since I wanted the Nightwing cover. It is a thumbnail so click on the image to see the full size

th_IMG_0150_zpsdqxapibn.jpg

Edited by nocutename

It's impossible to tell with any certainty, but most of the GA books that I have come across with missing wraps tend to have small remnants of paper stuck in the staples. Mind you, this is not always the case, as I have books that are complete with loose center wraps that do not have paper remnants stuck to the staples. I was merely curious as to whether or not this is something that happens as part of the printing error that leads to the occasional double cover.

I'll get a picture of the book up shortly.