• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flash collectors thread
23 23

4,845 posts in this topic

If anyone`s considering bidding on the CGC 9.4 Flash 109 in the current Heritage Signature Auction, it used to be a 9.2 when it was auctioned by Heritage in November 2009.

Demand flagging, prices softening, Hey, let's give it a new label!

It's their version of retail price maintenance.

:eyeroll:

While my copy isn't nearly as nice, at least I can say it's been free of shenanigans for over 35 years.

d9c09ef3-6d52-4d47-badf-f20e60a0f7c3_zpsgpww9lq5.jpg

:)

Edited by Hepcat

I can never find any nice 100-150 flash books at local shows, usually see the beaters .

In my experience pre-1965 DCs have always been tough to find in grade. They just weren't hoarded/saved as soon as Marvel comics were.

(shrug)

Edited by Hepcat

If anyone`s considering bidding on the CGC 9.4 Flash 109 in the current Heritage Signature Auction, it used to be a 9.2 when it was auctioned by Heritage in November 2009.

Thanks for the heads up!

Not much of a bump in price as a result of the label upgrade.

If the consignor is paying full boat at Heritage, he lost a fair bit of money on the deal, and even if he has reduced fees, after factoring in reslabbing fees and other transaction costs, he probably lost money.