• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,083 posts in this topic

The Kubert cover on GIC 46 is so awesome. Great book.

And outstanding copy of AAMOW 20. Congrats.

..... I usually am content with a nice Fine when I snag my occasional War books, but an 8.0 of GIC 46 popped up on HA a while back and I just couldn't pass it up..... not just one of my favorite War covers but one of my favorite covers period. Every now and then I guess we have to splurge..... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Thanks guys for the nice comments. I have had an itch for a while but have never really scratched it so I'm scratching. I started a journal on how the war bug bit me and plan on keeping track on my journey in the thread. I bought this to get me vested with a corner stone book to start the building process. I would like to think I'm going into this as a collecting veteran but as a war nugget or boot. Just have to remember it's a marathon and not a sprint.

One question I will pose right off the bat in AAMOW 42 with the earlier easy company story by kubert on the third panel there is a first sgt with 3 chevron's and 3 rockers why isn't it a Sgt. Rock proto-type book. Although he is only in the one panel and not brought up by any name other than the Sgt.

Just have to remember it's a marathon and not a sprint.

hmhmhmhmhmhmhmhmhmhmhmhmhmhmhmhmhmhmhmhmhmhmhmhmhmhmhm

One hm for each year I've been running the war comics marathon.

:applause: Looks like you ran the marathon.

Still running it. . .probably will be for the rest of my life. If you're not going high grade, it shouldn't take your whole life, though. :foryou:

Still running it. . .probably will be for the rest of my life. If you're not going high grade, it shouldn't take your whole life, though. :foryou:

High grade snob. :whatev:

High grade snob. :whatev:

It's a sickness. :screwy:

I am off from work today surfing the web on the prowl for something tasty and couldn't help myself this bad boy should be here in a few days :cloud9:

G.I_edited-1.jpg

Got a pink slip from the post office yesterday damn that was quick shipping. I'll post a cropped picture in my journal tonight it's in a other than cgc holder. And one question for high grade books VF is sometimes the highest grade available or that has been located is my understanding. What is a safe bet that more books are available in NM or so 1965 , 66 ,67 ?