• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

Devil Dinosaur 1 Kirby has certainly gone up. I've been seeing some eBay vendors asking 150% above oversteet. Also Atomic Avenue vendors asking a premium. Still some good deals to be found on eBay and especially good prices on available stock at Mile High since they are usually overpriced but also the last of the big vendors to update due to spec. inflation. I can certainly see why interest is going up. First and foremost it is the King Kirby. Secondly the new Moon Girl and devil dinosaur series is very witty and we'll written. I do believe this is one of the very undervalued bronze age 1st issues so even at a slightly higher than guide price for the condition you want is still a value. I do think that this will continue to pick up steam . I also think there may be a very good opportunity for Disney to make some sort of animated adaption. Fitting since the original concept of Devil Dinosaur was supposed to be developed into a cartoon even back in the late 70's. Now I'm not saying this book is on fire lol I'm saying its certainly seeing increased market activity and though the price is not skyrocketing, it is a stable book that will more than likely hold whatever value increase it sees. I'm a collector not an investor and I cannot stand to buy a "Hot for the moment" book, just to see it fall into a 2 dollar bin later. For example all this inflated variant .

Edited by Rick moma

Devil Dinosaur 1 Kirby has certainly gone up. I've been seeing some eBay vendors asking 150% above oversteet. Also Atomic Avenue vendors asking a premium. Still some good deals to be found on eBay and especially good prices on available stock at Mile High since they are usually overpriced but also the last of the big vendors to update due to spec. inflation. I can certainly see why interest is going up. First and foremost it is the King Kirby. Secondly the new Moon Girl and devil dinosaur series is very witty and we'll written. I do believe this is one of the very undervalued bronze age 1st issues so even at a slightly higher than guide price for the condition you want is still a value. I do think that this will continue to pick up steam . I also think there may be a very good opportunity for Disney to make some sort of animated adaption. Fitting since the original concept of Devil Dinosaur was supposed to be developed into a cartoon even back in the late 70's. Now I'm not saying this book is on fire lol I'm saying its certainly seeing increased market activity and though the price is not skyrocketing, it is a stable book that will more than likely hold whatever value increase it sees. I'm a collector not an investor and I cannot stand to buy a "Hot for the moment" book, just to see it fall into a 2 dollar bin later. For example all this inflated variant .

I love shops and dealers that still use Overstreet.

There are a ton of high grade Devil Dino. out there. It's hard to tell movement because one or two sell everyday and most are around $10-15. I don't think that's out of line for a high grade Kirby #1. And, let's be honest, it's a dinosaur and a monkey. I like the prospects of the new series and bought the #1 variant because of the addition of a more relateable (real) character.

So true about finding them at the comic shop. Unfortunately I'm in NYC and anything with any type of speculation attached is like 300% guide. Places like Midtown Comics...it's all really very sad.

lol..yes it is just a Dino and a Monkey :D

Well it was to originally be planned as an animation spin off. Would have done great in that era!!

So true about finding them at the comic shop. Unfortunately I'm in NYC and anything with any type of speculation attached is like 300% guide. Places like Midtown Comics...it's all really very sad.

------

Except when Midtown finds some old inventory tucked in the back and puts it out without repricing it.

That's when I got a New Teen Titans 2 for $5 at one of their 40% off sales.

Omega Men #3 has once again crossed the $20 mark. Up to $25, pushing $30 consistently.

sold my last copy for $25 a couple of years ago. have been unwilling to go less than that for the remaining copies. feel like it should be at least a $25 book.

Stick to your guns. With books like OM3 it's not about trends, it's happenstance. :grin:

Oh and btw, OM3 is NOT a BA book. :makepoint:

released in he first half of 1983. i know we all view that series as a CA series...heck, baxter paper is a CA thing, but the overlords at overstreet have decided that 1983 is within the BA, so it's at least legitimately discussed here even if virtually everyone thinks of it as a CA book

released in he first half of 1983. i know we all view that series as a CA series...heck, baxter paper is a CA thing, but the overlords at overstreet have decided that 1983 is within the BA, so it's at least legitimately discussed here even if virtually everyone thinks of it as a CA book

You make the case, and then contradict it. :insane:

Overstreet isn't the be all and end all any more than CGC is.

Overstreet isn't the be all and end all any more than CGC is.

AND, neither is cover date. Anyhoo, on that note a 6/83 cover date means at least a 9/83 release date, and perhaps as late as October . . . ;)

Definitely a Copper book.

That's what I thought too, but if you go by eBay, it falls under Bronze. I say eBay because that is what most of us use to judge if a book is "heating up".

eBay doesn't even have category for Harley, never-mind Deadpool, wtf do they know about comics? lol:makepoint: