• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Monstress by Liu and Takeda - Image Comics

77 posts in this topic

I have been getting a lot of inquiries about the Monstress Sketchbook so here is the information.

The Monstress Sketchbook was only available in Japan. It was an exclusive to Kaigai-Manga-Festa in Tokyo, Japan. So far, it has not been available anywhere else. My local comic shop goes the Manga Convention in Japan every year and picked up a few copies. ALL COPIES HAVE BEEN SOLD.

More information could be found on the website address on the back cover of the sketchbook (monstress-comic.tumblr.com)

scan0082_1.jpg

scan0083_1.jpg

Add Liu to the growing list of idiotic Image creators who shoot off their mouths and lose customers. I won't buy any of her books ever again and I assure you that I'm not alone.

Iron Fist is what gets her anger up, really? She must not be familiar with the character

http://heroichollywood.com/white-iron-fist-sparks-racial-controversy-and-criticism/

All the outrage over iron fist being true to his comic counter part confuses me. Change a chrecters race....outrage! Keep it the same....outrage!!! I give up

It is pretty crazy when you think about it. Make Johnny Storm black, everyone loses it. Make Iron Fist white, everyone loses it. These show creators can't win. lol

I have been getting a lot of inquiries about the Monstress Sketchbook so here is the information.

The Monstress Sketchbook was only available in Japan. It was an exclusive to Kaigai-Manga-Festa in Tokyo, Japan. So far, it has not been available anywhere else. My local comic shop goes the Manga Convention in Japan every year and picked up a few copies. ALL COPIES HAVE BEEN SOLD.

More information could be found on the website address on the back cover of the sketchbook (monstress-comic.tumblr.com)

I am very envious.

Add Liu to the growing list of idiotic Image creators who shoot off their mouths and lose customers. I won't buy any of her books ever again and I assure you that I'm not alone.

Iron Fist is what gets her anger up, really? She must not be familiar with the character

http://heroichollywood.com/white-iron-fist-sparks-racial-controversy-and-criticism/

What ever happened to the days of just not watching something if you don't like / agree with it? How about just, I don't know, don't watch the show? Why try to torpedo this actor, who probably views this starring role as a big break, by figuratively throwing him and the project under the bus?

Just read issue 4 and this storyline is deep.

The art is still as nice as issue 1 was, but seems less rushed I think.

They are unfolded a large story here.

Apparently others have picked it up too because its really doing well in the secondary market now.

The first issue is going to drive OCD collectors nuts because high grade is very difficult. Ive looked at maybe 25 copies now and only seen one I would say is NM+ or better.

Edited by Fastballspecial

9.8's on #1 is very tough. Trust me. This is something I know all too well. Should help pull in a premium on them though if you're selling.

Is it because of the bindery tears or something else?

Good question, they didn't provide grader notes, nor could i get them as they didn't keep them on this book. My guess is the spine riping/stress caused by the 3x sized book. My copies also had the small tears at the corners, but I've gotten countless 9.8's on books with that issue.

The lack of grader notes leads to my frustration as I'm not sure why they're dinging the book, although, just sent in another batch and they all got 9.8..

/me scratches head.

9.8's on #1 is very tough. Trust me. This is something I know all too well. Should help pull in a premium on them though if you're selling.

Good question, they didn't provide grader notes, nor could i get them as they didn't keep them on this book. My guess is the spine riping/stress caused by the 3x sized book. My copies also had the small tears at the corners, but I've gotten countless 9.8's on books with that issue.

The lack of grader notes leads to my frustration as I'm not sure why they're dinging the book, although, just sent in another batch and they all got 9.8..

/me scratches head.

How many is a batch? hm

/me scratches head.

How many is a batch? hm

5 books this time

Read issue 5 today. Well done issue. I like the fact I have read it more then once to get the entire story.

The last two pages are a nice plus too with an explanation of the types of races on the planet.

My local shop has picked up its order as well because usually I get the last copy and there were at least 8 or 9 still there.

Edited by Fastballspecial