• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Tick Appreciation Thread
7 7

2,264 posts in this topic

Here's a Tick Yo-Yo!

2yjr6dw.jpg

THE TICK YOYO FOX PROMOTIONAL 1996 MANUFACTURED BY SUNBEAM. FOX PROMOTED 4 TV SHOWS WITH THESE YOYOS, (THE TICK (BLUE), DARK ANGEL (YELLOW), THE LONE GUNMEN (RED), AND I'M NOT SURE WHAT THE FOURTH ONE WAS. 1996 BILLCO AND CO. LTD. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. IT CAME WITH 2X- AA BATTERIES. THE NEWER ONES USE BUTTON TYPE BATTERIES.

I did a bulb setting photo to see what it would look like all lit up...pretty cool huh?

Yeah, that's one I've been waiting for awhile. It comes out 2-4 times a year for about the same price. Kinda clunky but cool. They're a legit company that used to sell some of their stuff over at the Walt Disney Stores in Disneyland. Gonna have to keep an eye on it. BTW, what is DP?

:o

Did you open the box?

Nah....my wife said anything that old is gonna have worms in it...kinda freaked me out. Last thing I wanna see...on the other hand...I heard of someone actually eating some 20 or 40 year old cerel...:(

Yeah, that's one I've been waiting for awhile. It comes out 2-4 times a year for about the same price. Kinda clunky but cool. They're a legit company that used to sell some of their stuff over at the Walt Disney Stores in Disneyland. Gonna have to keep an eye on it. BTW, what is DP?

I debated tossing a bid on it because it's so different but if it's on your list by all means I'll pass to not drive up the price.

DP = Deadpool

:o

Did you open the box?

Nah....my wife said anything that old is gonna have worms in it...kinda freaked me out. Last thing I wanna see...on the other hand...I heard of someone actually eating some 20 or 40 year old cerel...:(

I'm not too sure about worms but it can't be good. If it is then that's just scary!

Someone asked me if there was one Tick item that I would hold in value above all the rest, what would it be? Well, there are a few of them...what do you think it would be?

hm

Here is my list of a few items I deeply value...

1) Original Tick art for New England Comics Newsletter #14

2) Original cover art for The Tick #1 Special Edition

3) New England Comics Newsletter #14 CGC 9.8 (not a reality at this time)

4) It's in my signature line :grin:

I would absolutely love to acquire any Edlund original Tick art that was published. Any of which I would also deeply value.

What's on everyone else's list?

hm

Based on your list:

2 = #1 for me

3 = #2 for me

1 = #3 for me (not as big a pull for me, though cool to have)

Nice! Auction on Sunday at about 3:30pm...I'm gonna give it a shot but I probably won't get it. There are 4 other watchers and my guess is that it gonna go for a lot more than I'm willing to shell out. But one never knows :). They made 5000 of those suckers! I only wish that they had put more detail on it, but at the time, laser cutting was at its infancy.

Someone asked me if there was one Tick item that I would hold in value above all the rest, what would it be? Well, there are a few of them...what do you think it would be?

hm

4) It's in my signature line :grin:

I would absolutely love to acquire any Edlund original Tick art that was published. Any of which I would also deeply value.

What's on everyone else's list?

Okay, here's one that I researched the heck out of...and contacted someone who I respect. #1. The Tick line of Micro Machines. (probably never made it to production, except for the proto type). #2. Ben Edlund's original sketch of The Tick that hung on the back wall of NEC prior to the newsletter. #3. ....????....hmmmm.....The bronze statue on Ebay? hehehe

Nice! Auction on Sunday at about 3:30pm...I'm gonna give it a shot but I probably won't get it. There are 4 other watchers and my guess is that it gonna go for a lot more than I'm willing to shell out. But one never knows :). They made 5000 of those suckers! I only wish that they had put more detail on it, but at the time, laser cutting was at its infancy.

I'm one of the watchers but don't count me as a competitor. I'm watching just for fun as I do on several items occasionally. I hope you get it!