• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2012 VENOM 1:50 variants with Print Runs - ASM 678 Hulk 4 FF 14 etc

162 posts in this topic

Does it matter to anyone that all these venom variant covers are extremely ugly? I know it's just my opinion but at least if they looked good I could understand the desire for them...

The covers are pretty clearly mostly conceptual. I never fault a publisher for trying something different , plus as Lonzilla said, they were in commemoration of Venom's 25th anniversary. People love them some Venom. :cloud9:

-J.

Does it matter to anyone that all these venom variant covers are extremely ugly? I know it's just my opinion but at least if they looked good I could understand the desire for them...

I think I mentioned that earlier. If I didn't, then I should have.

....so just don't buy any of them then...? (shrug)

-J.

....so just don't buy any of them then...? (shrug)

-J.

Done and done. but that can often be a factor how comics are ordered, originally purchased, and why some end up being perceived as more or less rare than other comics, which can ultimately impact why they're sought after and their value.

Yeah most are ugly. But just like other books that are hard to find people will chase them.

Spider nuts mostly.

:banana:

-J.

wow, I am shocked there is a thread on these, I actually collect them, and raided ebay last year on them. Kind of disappointed that these are getting the CGC forum spotlight as it always runs the price of books up.

wow, I am shocked there is a thread on these, I actually collect them, and raided ebay last year on them. Kind of disappointed that these are getting the CGC forum spotlight as it always runs the price of books up.

Sounds like a good time to sell :baiting:

The price increase is a nice little surprise. I love when I don't check the hot books for a while, then look at one and see stuff that I picked up a couple years ago go up.

Sold the X-Men Legacy for like $40 2 months after the release date, but also sold the Amazing Spider-Man at the same time for $140 :facepalm:

Feeling better now though, as I have AT LEAST 2 of the X-Force, plus The Hulk, Defenders, FF, Iron Man, and probably another X-Men and Avengers book. Thought a lot of these weren't going anywhere at the time.

The price increase is a nice little surprise. I love when I don't check the hot books for a while, then look at one and see stuff that I picked up a couple years ago go up.

Sold the X-Men Legacy for like $40 2 months after the release date, but also sold the Amazing Spider-Man at the same time for $140 :facepalm:

Feeling better now though, as I have AT LEAST 2 of the X-Force, plus The Hulk, Defenders, FF, Iron Man, and probably another X-Men and Avengers book. Thought a lot of these weren't going anywhere at the time.

Bummer about the amazing spiderman. $140 for a copy seems like a ridiculous steal.

It worked out for you though with your 2 copies of xforce. Guys are asking crazy prices for it now.