• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BAF countdown to 22 years of Marvel Comics!!!
1 1

731 posts in this topic

I've got a Gunsmoke Western 47 for sale right now on ebay. very high grade copy.

Not that a lot of people look at this, but stop telling people!!! I am one of the watchers and had dreams of winning that book. :wishluck: Very nice looking copy!!! Hardly see that one for sale and your copy is amazing!

You're staying strong!

I personally tend to grab any available copy to finish a run, but you are really adding very pretty books to the collection. I can't imagine how tough that must be with oddball Atlas!

Most of the books I am adding are rags.... :tonofbricks: But thanks. I try for nice eye appeal copies. And yeah...the oddball books are real hard to find. :cry:

I'm beyond impressed with your run BAF. I've been working on finishing the 12¢ Marvel superhero titles for a few years now and I can only imagine how hard it is to finish runs of some of these pre-hero titles.

Bravo!

:golfclap:

I'm beyond impressed with your run BAF. I've been working on finishing the 12¢ Marvel superhero titles for a few years now and I can only imagine how hard it is to finish runs of some of these pre-hero titles.

Bravo!

Thanks a lot bro! Took me a long time to gather all of this stuff! It's great to get positive feedback from other fans! Being a life long die hard Marvel guy, it's a dream come true to have completed the 21 years of Marvels best stuff!!! Good luck on the 12 cent issues. How far along are you? Post your want list if you have one made here. Would love to see what you still need! :headbang:

Bravo!

Thanks a lot bro! Took me a long time to gather all of this stuff! It's great to get positive feedback from other fans! Being a life long die hard Marvel guy, it's a dream come true to have completed the 21 years of Marvels best stuff!!! Good luck on the 12 cent issues. How far along are you? Post your want list if you have one made here. Would love to see what you still need! :headbang:

I've finished up the superhero books (including reprint books and Sgt Fury) from FF1 through the end of '66. I still need about 25 more books to finish up '67 and I'm about halfway done with '68 and '69. I've already taken care of all of the big keys and most of the secondary ones so i mostly just need to fill in runs. I'm not really trying to track down anything too tricky at this point. I just need to gather the funds to finish.

Bravo!

I've finished up the superhero books (including reprint books and Sgt Fury) from FF1 through the end of '66. I still need about 25 more books to finish up '67 and I'm about halfway done with '68 and '69. I've already taken care of all of the big keys and most of the secondary ones so i mostly just need to fill in runs. I'm not really trying to track down anything too tricky at this point. I just need to gather the funds to finish.

Sick collection! Congrats and good luck on the last issues!!!

That's impressive, and it's good to know folks are still putting together full runs.

I was once about 10 easy X-Men away from a full SA Marvel collection, but I lost focus before I finished. Now I just concentrate on favorites!

Thanks guys! I'll post updates when appropriate. (Finishing '67 will be a minor big deal for me)

I used to think that I'd stop with the 12 cent issues, but I've found myself working on the 15 centers, 'cause they look like the 12 cent issues. And then you have the one month of cool 25¢ issues followed by the also cool 20¢ picture frame issues and then and then....

:ohnoez:

Edited by Dave2739

Thanks guys! I'll post updates when appropriate. (Finishing '67 will be a minor big deal for me)

I used to think that I'd stop with the 12 cent issues, but I've found myself working on the 15 centers, 'cause they look like the 12 cent issues. And then you have the one month of cool 25¢ issues followed by the also cool 20¢ picture frame issues and then and then....

:ohnoez:

That is exactly what happened to me, but in reverse. Got sucked into buying anything Marvel. It's a sickness. When you buy your first love title, it's OVER!!! lol

That's impressive, and it's good to know folks are still putting together full runs.

I was once about 10 easy X-Men away from a full SA Marvel collection, but I lost focus before I finished. Now I just concentrate on favorites!

You still need ten issues for that run? Or did you sell them off?

Sold out. Now I'm just complete on favs.

I used the loot to finance buying my first house. I don't regret anything; any good stuff I sold in that first liquidation turned out to be easily replaceable.

Edited by KirbyJack