• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,560 posts in this topic

Received my 1st negative from a buyer ebay user- jlangii8lu3.

He's left 4 feedbacks in the last month and 3 of those were negatives...one of them stated "item was shipped slow and still hasn't arrived within 6 days of purchase".

What a D-bag.

Added

here is another one - licordeaco

Won my "Detective Comics #233 CGC 1.5 Origin/1st Batwoman (Kathy Kane) (1956)" auction 10 days ago - no payment or communication. I knew it was bad right away - Looked at their feedback of (1) and it stated "NEGATIVE. NO PAYMENT NO EMAILS.TO NOT BUY OR SELL TO THIS PERSON PERIOD."

I am adding this user : pocketlost real name Danny Hasso he oppened a case without sending me a message first .

Package was stuck at the airport , the guy gets impatient and opens the case . Two weeks after i refund him , when the mail man goes to his house there is no one .... so i send him a message telling him that his package is ready and he tells me "thank you i am gonna call to the post office by the way i had to buy the book from another seller" next day the mail man delivers the package to another adress ... So i lost my book and i lost the money

Edited by Mijael.Levy

Received my 1st negative from a buyer ebay user- jlangii8lu3. His feedback is decent, although he has 4 negatives & 1 neutral in the last 12 months. Customer received CGC graded item & complains that packaging smelled smoky. I explained that I don't smoke & that the item is 3rd party graded and is sealed in plastic, plus I double wrapped the CGC book in cardboard & packing tape, then it was covered in bubble wrap. So even if the packaging actually did have a smoky smell, the actual item was protected.

I think he/she was fishing for a discount, but never actually asked. I happened to check my ebay account yesterday & saw they left me negative feedback and I no longer had 100% positive feedback. The customer received item intact, undamaged & in a timely manner and left me negative feedback anyway.

He definitely makes the list.

Thanks for the heads up. What a Dbag.

Another Deadbeat/Loser to add

jessinnes_0

I usually give newbie the benefit of the doubt, I would say about 70% of the time they come through

This is uses the lamest excuse that we have heard before

First, he emails me saying how badly he wants the set of comics and if I can wait a week so he can pay for it.

I get an email yesterday with the excuse that most deadbeats give

I accidentally hit the buy it now button

and to add that he is a Liar and even on my (was) on my facebook page

This thread is nuts.... I'm never selling on ebay again.

There are other avenues.

I disagree. I wish I could sell on these boards but in the past few months, I am consistently getting higher prices over on eBay even after fees.

I woke up this morning to find that two things that I offered over here again sell for more on eBay. (One was a comic and the other was a toy)

This is precisely why I don't sell here.

If I can get more money on eBay, after fees, then it makes no sense to sell here.

Sorry, CGC boards, but there just aren't enough people here willing to pay what eBay people are willing to pay.

I'd love to never, ever do business on eBay ever again: they are corrupt, vile, and rotten to the core...but, they have successfully absorbed or litigated everyone else out of business, and there is simply no other way to sell collectable comic books anywhere else.

Sad, but true.

+1, RMA

I would rather sell on here too, but there are to may times that I have listed some great books just to be ignored and then would sell on eBay in a matter of days. If have found some great books this year and chose to sell them on eBay and they sold fast.

In my early days, on eBay, there we some bad dealings I had with bad buyers, but over the past few years I have had no problems,with buyers, but have had some on here.

Now, this, for me, is just another place for me to purchase books from.

+1 , n both of those statements.

I sold one slab on here rather quickly, an Astonishing Tales #1 CGC 9.6 Twin Cities pedigree quickly after listing it here.

It was on ebay for months...lowered the price a couple times, too.Decided to say to Hell with that and raised it back up on ebay, to what was still below GPA.

Pulled it from eBay shortly after signing up on this board and put it up for sale here...at about $50-$100 below last sale in GPA (for the very same copy I was offfering, which was a few bucks more (not even less than 10% eBay vig) than my asking eBay BIN before I pulled it from ebay)...and it sold within a 2 days or so.

I sold that slab for MORE on here than my eBay BIN.

The buyer even PM'd me and asked why the same CGC cert# was priced so much below GPA, I replied that I bought it from a collector at a show and didn't pay the $300+ price reported in GPA.

Guy came up to my table at a show with a box of mid grade Sgt Fury's #39's and up, looking for way too much.Those books are all $5 to $10 convention stock fodder in VG/FN to F/VF to me......and told me he wanted $100 (or maybe it was $125) for the slab.

I paid him whatever he asked for the slab, passed on the Fury's.

I sold it to a boardie named Paul...can't remember his board ID, for $200 or $225, shipped.can't remember, exactly.

I also had lugged that slab with me to a couple shows....had 1 kid ask about it at Eternal Con 2014...a "what is the deal with that book...is it a key?".......ugh.

From that, I had ASSumed selling on here was gonna be the tits....like the kids say.

Not so much.

I'd love to sell books on here but eBay wins, hands down....with some outliers like the AS 1 CGC 9.6 TC sale noted above.

Received my 1st negative from a buyer ebay user- jlangii8lu3. His feedback is decent, although he has 4 negatives & 1 neutral in the last 12 months. Customer received CGC graded item & complains that packaging smelled smoky. I explained that I don't smoke & that the item is 3rd party graded and is sealed in plastic, plus I double wrapped the CGC book in cardboard & packing tape, then it was covered in bubble wrap. So even if the packaging actually did have a smoky smell, the actual item was protected.

I think he/she was fishing for a discount, but never actually asked. I happened to check my ebay account yesterday & saw they left me negative feedback and I no longer had 100% positive feedback. The customer received item intact, undamaged & in a timely manner and left me negative feedback anyway.

I'll add that d-bag to my blocked list.

This is the sort of thing where I am 99.99% sure that if you were to call ebay customer service, you would be successful in getting the complaint removed.

Trick is to ask to speak with a supervisor, if the first rep is a smacked arse which will likely be the case, and from that point on....explain what exactly happened and that the items was hermetically sealed and came from a non smoking home.

Also, check his feedbacks and if he has a pattern of questionable complaints ( 4 negs and a nuetral would seem to indicate so), use this as a corrolary to strengthen your arguement.

This is the sort of thing where I am 99.99% sure that if you were to call ebay customer service, you would be successful in getting the complaint removed.

Trick is to ask to speak with a supervisor, if the first rep is a smacked arse which will likely be the case, and from that point on....explain what exactly happened and that the items was hermetically sealed and came from a non smoking home.

Also, check his feedbacks and if he has a pattern of questionable complaints ( 4 negs and a nuetral would seem to indicate so), use this as a corrolary to strengthen your arguement.

If for some reason, the rep does not help you out, then call again and speak to someone else, eventually someone will help you out. It is time consuming but it can be done.

If for some reason, the rep does not help you out, then call again and speak to someone else, eventually someone will help you out. It is time consuming but it can be done.

Yup.

Seller nixcollects

Original listing

This one is lovely.

Seller sends comic as seen in photo. The comic is in a comic sleeve, loose in a Priority envelope with a piece of torn cardboard in the envelope. There is no backing board for the comic. The comic is not secured to the cardboard. The comic arrives damaged. Note that the seller's listing states he will pack securely!

His response below:

mqSWmxbl.png

EEtAfnUl.jpg

Edited by DavidTheDavid

Seller nixcollects

Original listing

This one is lovely.

Seller sends comic as seen in photo. The comic is in a comic sleeve, loose in a Priority envelope with a piece of torn cardboard in the envelope. There is no backing board for the comic. The comic is not secured to the cardboard. The comic arrives damaged. Note that the seller's listing states he will pack securely!

His response below:

mqSWmxbl.png

EEtAfnUl.jpg

That is inexcusable . No reason not to take advantage of it being in a priority envelope. The weight limit for those is way up there .

I would leave at least neutral feedback and tell people he doesnt know how to ship comic books well.

It looks like its not a comic seller. When this happens to me I explain to them how to pack comics. But the fact that theyre being stubborn is another matter. You can just open an item not as described and send it back.

He did accept the return, probably because that will prevent the negative feedback. Yeah, his reply is full of stupid. I'm tempted to just shove it in a envelope with some first class stamps on it.

Seriously though, a cardboard mailer and first class postage is about $4.50 total for one book. And you wouldn't have this kind of problem.

It looks like its not a comic seller. When this happens to me I explain to them how to pack comics. But the fact that theyre being stubborn is another matter. You can just open an item not as described and send it back.

I checked . He has about 150 comics for sale. That is why I suggested leaving feedback so future buyers will know of his poor shipping for comics.