• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
37 37

12,747 posts in this topic

That's pretty amazing. (no pun intended)

That was from the ad for the wedding special? A poster? I remember it from somewhere. It's a great piece regardless!

Just picked this up from the frame shop today. Love how it came out!

30214qe.jpg

Thanks! It was for a wedding poster put up in comic stores. Art is by Bill Sienkevick (spelled that wrong).

I haven't bought original art pages in a long time and I wanted to rectify that in 2016. Posted two pages I bought earlier in January from THE ARTISTS CHOICE during his annual Christmas sale. Thought I'd share some pieces I got in the mail this February --

1. SPIDEY #1 sketch layouts by NICK BRADSHAW:

Won this in an auction and am happy to say it was pretty inexpensive. Bradshaw is an amazing artist who puts great detail to his work. He also happens to be a really nice, down to earth guy. Art is on 8 x 11 paper. He took two, blank Marvel Pages and shrunk them on the photocopier machine so that he can print these pages out. He uses them to roughly layout the pages of an issue before he really draws the heck out a page. He was kind enough to sign the page for me as well.

WP_20160206_003.jpg

WP_20160206_004.jpg

WP_20160206_006.jpg

WP_20160206_007.jpg

2. HITMAN #5, Pages 20 & 21 - Original Artwork:

Bought these at a BUY-1-GET-1-FREE sale that is currently good for the month of February on all of John McCrea's pages. I've loved HITMAN since I picked it up out of curiousity so many years ago. Always wanted to get pages from this title that wasn't out of my price range and am happy to say that I've accomplished just that. The beauty of this set is not only the fact that it is sequential but it also included rough layout McCrea did before creating the final product. Now all I have to do is get Garth Ennis and John McCrea to sign my pages.

WP_20160211_004.jpg

WP_20160211_005.jpg

WP_20160211_010.jpg

WP_20160211_017.jpg

WP_20160211_021.jpg

WP_20160211_024.jpg

WP_20160211_028.jpg

This week I added two pages from LUCIFER 30.

PAGE 3 and PAGE 18 . Both pages done by Craig Hamilton.

While this order was being processed by Artist's Choice coincidentally PAGE 15 from the same issue went on eBay . My TWO pages were purchased for about $100 LESS than this one page (sure, mine don't have Lady Liz, but whatevs (shrug) ). So, to the collectors starting out that think they are priced out of entering the hobby. You just have to keep hunting, which is all part of the fun.

A twice-up Kirby battle page from Thor #137 (1966) showing Thor wielding his hammer in full splendor, to defend his beloved Sif after her capture. Thor's fury and vengeance proclaim to all 'Don't mess-eth with me Lady'. Perfect theme for Valentine's Day...

Kirby Thor 137

That is fantastic!!

A twice-up Kirby battle page from Thor #137 (1966) showing Thor wielding his hammer in full splendor, to defend his beloved Sif after her capture. Thor's fury and vengeance proclaim to all 'Don't mess-eth with me Lady'. Perfect theme for Valentine's Day...

Kirby Thor 137

An amazing addition to an amazing collection!