• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brave & Bold #28: Speculation on future pricing
4 4

2,741 posts in this topic

I just found my answer:

Proxy bidding ends one hour prior to the session start time. Live Proxy bidding on Heritage Live starts 24 hours before the live session begins and continues through the session.

So I guess maybe I was participating in a live session that had simultaneous live online bids previously.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2016/02/11/batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice-trailer-finally-brings-the-fun/#4696ce33c552

CGC Universal Blue 5.5:

Jan-29-2016 $7,795 Cert# 1226053001

Jan-25-2016 $7,000 Cert# 1226053001

CGC Universal Blue 3.5:

Feb-06-2016 $4,100 Cert# 1211350003

Not sure what the story is with that 5.5, but looks like it sold and then a few days later sold for almost $800 more. Having said that, the first sale was still a GPA record breaker in that grade.

Definitely still on the move in terms of growth.

The B&B #28s did not do very well in the Clink auction last night. I thought that sellers would have figured out by now that Heritage tends to be a better venue for selling DCs?

Edited by kimik

The B&B #28s did not do very well in the Clink auction last night. I thought that sellers would have figured out by now that Heritage tends to be a better venue for selling DCs?

Really? The 8.0 ended up at $19K and the 7.5 at $16K on Heritage.

Those were softish prices, but DCs tend to do better on Heritage based on what I have followed the past few years. I like to buy DC SA keys on Clink as I have found more deals there over the years. (shrug)

Edited by kimik

They seemed to be a bit below GPA on the CGC slabs, and well below on the other grading company's 4.5 that looks like a 3.5........

It's become evident that loose grading has led to significant discounts on their books. I know I refrain from buying them unless they are offered well below GPA prices.

Those were softish prices,

Softish? They bombed. They each should have gone for 25% more based on the hype I've been reading.

Nevermind, I just looked at the books closely for the 1st time. The 8.0 had back cover chipping and the 7.5 had a double crease on the lower right front corner.

Those were softish prices,

Softish? They bombed. They each should have gone for 25% more based on the hype I've been reading.

I agree. I sold a nice very 7.5k about 3 years ago for 14k. So, 16k is an atomic bomb.

Edited by peewee22

I just edited my post. Those books were both soft for the given grade.

As we have discussed in this thread before, it is a common problem with keys graded over the past couple of years. lol

Edited by kimik

I just edited my post. Those books were both soft for the given grade.

Personally I think they were about average for the grade. This book is tough to find in high grade period, so it is tough to compare to other books that are so plentiful (i.e. AF 15) and provide a larger range of defects to judge.

That said, the prices felt about right. Honestly I wish they were higher but this book isn't making leaps and bounds like other undervalued keys (i.e. Showcase 4).

A solid 7.5 (or even the copy that sold) at $16k should have quite a bit of room when the first Justice League movie comes out.

They seemed to be a bit below GPA on the CGC slabs, and well below on the other grading company's 4.5 that looks like a 3.5........

It's become evident that loose grading has led to significant discounts on their books. I know I refrain from buying them unless they are offered well below GPA prices.

Not sure why you would be singling out just the other company's copy when it looks like all of the BB 28's went for a huge discount to their recent prices.

I would think the discounts on this particular go-round had a lot more to do with the fact that they had 7 different copies of this book up for auction from just Heritage and CL. Would not be surprised if CC also had some in their upcoming auction. :gossip:

Having so many copies available at one time is sure to kill the price on a book. whether they are graded by CGC or the other grading company. :tonofbricks:

+1

The discount is real and it's widening. Regardless of how CGC copies performed in grade relative to GPA highs, Voldemort slabs performed significantly worse.

-J.

+1

The discount is real and it's widening. Regardless of how CGC copies performed in grade relative to GPA highs, Voldemort slabs performed significantly worse.

-J.

I bid 20% more than highest cgc sale for a particular book in a cbcs holder and got crushed :cry: