• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Comics Appreciation Thread!
20 20

7,176 posts in this topic

oops; somehow forgot my highest-graded fox ped!

gm10.jpg

Stunning copy (worship)

+1 An absolute stunner here!

Yes, I've also got a couple of Hawkeye's and they truly are astounding in terms of their overall condition. :cloud9:

Wonder how CGC can authenticate their pedigree, given no real distinguishing marks or characteristics similar to most of the other GA pedigrees. hm

gm10.jpg

Stunning copy (worship)

Yes, I've also got a couple of Hawkeye's and they truly are astounding in terms of their overall condition. :cloud9:

Wonder how CGC can authenticate their pedigree, given no real distinguishing marks or characteristics similar to most of the other GA pedigrees. hm

I had this one graded and the lineage is direct. I bought it from Joe Smejkal within a year of him buying it from Leroy Mackey. I also have a Torch 15 purchased at the same time. Joe vouched for them both. If you have some verification CGC is very good about listening.

gm10.jpg

Stunning copy (worship)

I had this one graded and the lineage is direct. I bought it from Joe Smejkal within a year of him buying it from Leroy Mackey. I also have a Torch 15 purchased at the same time. Joe vouched for them both. If you have some verification CGC is very good about listening.

Unfortunately, I usually didn't asked for the name of the previous owner as I somehow felt that it was in bad taste as though you was implying that you didn't have any trust in the dealer. doh!

With both of my Hawkeye's though, I believe the comic book broker may have proactively sent me a signed note stating the pedigree and just possibly, even the previous owner of the books. Not sure if this is good enough for CGC, but will check for any supporting notes the next time I have the books in hand. :wishluck:

With both of my Hawkeye's though, I believe the comic book broker may have proactively sent me a signed note stating the pedigree and just possibly, even the previous owner of the books. Not sure if this is good enough for CGC, but will check for any supporting notes the next time I have the books in hand. :wishluck:

A note from the seller has been sufficient on a couple of books I've had graded. One was a San Fransisco that did not have the Reilly stamp, though it did have a pretty obvious distributor's code. The other was a Mile High with no markings. If you still have the note I would bet that would work.

I could have sworn I had seen a green monster thread, but I couldn't find it after I finally found the book that I thought would work well there...but it's a Fox, so...low grade, but they aren't growing on trees.

flame%206.jpg

:cloud9:

I could have sworn I had seen a green monster thread, but I couldn't find it after I finally found the book that I thought would work well there...but it's a Fox, so...low grade, but they aren't growing on trees.

flame%206.jpg

I posted a Green Monster pic over in the group shot thread :grin:

This one would fit right in when you're ready to part with it it :whistle::foryou:

Lovely book Sha!!!