• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,083 posts in this topic

Here's another Jerry Grandenetti cover. It's a big-box 12-center, the third 12-center of the title and the second Haunted Tank cover as well. It's also a fine example of a Grey tone cover.

G.I. Combat 92 cover dated Feb/March 1962. Of the eighteen copies submitted, this copy is the single-highest graded and it has bone-white pages as well.

001_10.jpg

Steve, nice one. Did you buy raw or slabbed? I don't remember seeing that anywhere. Tough as nails in that condition!

Here's another Jerry Grandenetti cover. It's a big-box 12-center, the third 12-center of the title and the second Haunted Tank cover as well. It's also a fine example of a Grey tone cover.

G.I. Combat 92 cover dated Feb/March 1962. Of the eighteen copies submitted, this copy is the single-highest graded and it has bone-white pages as well.

001_10.jpg

Steve, nice one. Did you buy raw or slabbed? I don't remember seeing that anywhere. Tough as nails in that condition!

Bought it slabbed, Mick, from Bob Storms at the SDCC last year. Took me a while to buy it. I really wanted it but we spent time haggling. Finally we reached an agreement. Paid a little above OSPG for it but Bob was kind enough to throw in the hard-cover edition of the latest OSPG and that sealed the deal.

001_10.jpg

Bought it slabbed, Mick, from Bob Storms at the SDCC last year. Took me a while to buy it. I really wanted it but we spent time haggling. Finally we reached an agreement. Paid a little above OSPG for it but Bob was kind enough to throw in the hard-cover edition of the latest OSPG and that sealed the deal.

A little over OSPG seems like a great deal! Free Overstreet to boot?? :ohnoez:

Sweet book!

The tank on the cover looks a bit like a Soviet KV-2 with a cupola added. Course the Germans were known to use looted tanks during the war. I don't have a copy of the issue, is it a KV-2 in the story?

Bought the book slabbed so I unless I crack it out--which I have no intention of doing--you'll have to settle for the reprint in

Showcase Presents Haunted Tank Vol. 1 from 2006 or

find a reader or otherwise very low-grade copy.

My son-in-law wants to go to Wonder Con this year so maybe I'll look around for one there.

BTW--I don't know a thing about tanks so thanks for the info. Much obliged.

Steve

Steve,

I'm not sure if you were trying to buy it, but you didn't post a :takeit: [/quote

I'm still thinking about it, Andy. But you're welcome to it if you want to jump in.

I need some money for one day at Wonder Con. Whole darn family wants to go, too.

Steve

Here's my copy of G.I. Combat 46 cover dated March of 1957 with a Joe Kubert Frogman cover. Jerry Grandenetti does the artwork for the final story of the comic,

"Frontline Rodeo" and Bill Finger provided the -script. I think that's pretty cool because collectors associate Finger with Batman since he created the character with Bob Kane.

001_12.jpg