• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

Yes, it was a serious post (at that moment).

I loved parts of the episode and some parts were terrible.

Once again Glenn gets in a predicament where survival is impossible and once again - HUZZAH! He is saved! :eyeroll:

And luring the walkers into the lake to burn them... Since when does burning and/or drowning walkers kill them? meh

And the fast flashing scene of them slicing and dicing walkers felt more like a commercial for a new season than an episode.

Really the jumping the shark was in response to the Glenn scene. I honestly still think he died back at the dumpster. :insane:

But no worries - I know people LOOOOOOOOOOOVE this episode. I just felt annoyed at that scene ( :gossip: and a few others). But I'm not a regular Negative Nancy about this show so no worries. ;)

Once again Glenn gets in a predicament where survival is impossible and once again - HUZZAH! He is saved! :eyeroll:

And luring the walkers into the lake to burn them... Since when does burning and/or drowning walkers kill them? meh

And the fast flashing scene of them slicing and dicing walkers felt more like a commercial for a new season than an episode.

Really the jumping the shark was in response to the Glenn scene. I honestly still think he died back at the dumpster. :insane:

But no worries - I know people LOOOOOOOOOOOVE this episode. I just felt annoyed at that scene ( :gossip: and a few others). But I'm not a regular Negative Nancy about this show so no worries. ;)

Just admit already that the dumpsters in Boston are cheap junk and those in the south are solidly made with a one foot clearance!

I thought for sure that Glenn was going to die again. Like an oh, you thought he lived, well he did but only to save Maggie...num num.

I was ok with the flash scene, it was symbolic of the pure rage mode they were in. The eye thing was well done, but that was still a sad scene having the mom watch her son go like that. I liked her character and the actress as well :(

Just admit already that the dumpsters in Boston are cheap junk and those in the south are solidly made with a one foot clearance!

I thought for sure that Glenn was going to die again. Like an oh, you thought he lived, well he did but only to save Maggie...num num.

I was ok with the flash scene, it was symbolic of the pure rage mode they were in. The eye thing was well done, but that was still a sad scene having the mom watch her son go like that. I liked her character and the actress as well :(

Glenn's 9 lives will run out soon enough. RIP

Maybe those dumpsters are made to hold up over time do to water backing up in sewers in different regions? Or maybe hideouts for small critters. haha

I agree with this part, a little too cheesy for my tastes. But overall had a lot of good moments. I liked the moment the wolf guy and Carol. Shocking good moment.

Edited by Rip

What happened to the fact that Sam was crying "Mom" at the end of the mid-season finale? Did that not happen? Did they get past it cause he shut up? Sam was the biggest liability to begin with. Why not send him and his mom with Judith to the church, if Sam was going to insist on being with her? There was doubt before they ever left the house that he would make it through the horde. Why not take that opportunity to get him out of the group trying to do something? Frustrating. If you're going to have Sam and his mom get eaten, do it like it was telegraphed: when he's crying mom right after they leave the house.

Darryl was able to beat up and completely knock out a man without anyone seeing or hearing anything. Then, he had time to load, point and fire a rocket launcher? And the rocket launcher didn't just hit something. It hit something effectively blowing up the entire group. Nice work, ninja Darryl.

It went from light to complete darkness in one commercial break. Now Rick's group moves so slowly that a complete sunset and darkness can swoop in before they move 100'. Speed up, folks.

Everyone who's ever lacked a pair (known characters and filler town residents included) now grows some and proceeds to cut down an entire heard without losing a person. Not one person's knife or other small blade ever gets stuck in the head shots they keep ticking off, as zombies do the TV show equivalent of lining up single file to be killed. Nice.

Lots of WD-world logical holes.

I wasn't sure if they were going to go through with the Carl thing.

But they did, and that is awesome.

I think they pulled it off better than the comic version. The comic version was done pretty quickly whereas the show used flashbacks to dramatize the scene better They also made Carl's wound look more believable than the big, gaping, missing part of his skull page that we saw in the book.

What happened to the fact that Sam was crying "Mom" at the end of the mid-season finale? Did that not happen? Did they get past it cause he shut up? Sam was the biggest liability to begin with. Why not send him and his mom with Judith to the church, if Sam was going to insist on being with her? There was doubt before they ever left the house that he would make it through the horde. Why not take that opportunity to get him out of the group trying to do something? Frustrating. If you're going to have Sam and his mom get eaten, do it like it was telegraphed: when he's crying mom right after they leave the house.

This was the biggest thing that aggravated me right from the beginning. You can't have that scene in the mid-season finale and then just gloss over it like it never happened.